I Went OVER Board

Okay guys, I went a littttle nuts. So my Cham is coming in over a week. This is quickly becoming an obsession. Anyhow, so I started planning to build his enclosure and I am doing a background and all this fun stuff. The more I research I do, the more I find stuff to do/buy. First, I have bought a Herpstat and a KingMist and one million other fun things. Then, I decide you know what? I don't want to have to build his mansion enclosure quickly I want to take a really long time doing it so I bought a Dragon Ledge Tall Cage Enclosure ??? (I think I secretly want two cages so one day I can get another Cham). This tiny Cham is gonna be spoiled. Make me stoppp.

Oh, and I bought a full throttle run feeder..... And a million other things. I. Can't. Stop. Paco Picasso is gonna be happy..... Hopefully I don't accidentally kill him. Lord knows I'm buying anything I can to prevent that.

Plants live plants, and light for them.. It is a secret missing ingredient of success. No live plants is like trying to make gluten free taste good. lol

Honestly, I don't like the look of empty cages. But, I do have one worry. Will I be able to catch if something is wrong with a lot of plants?

Honestly, I don't like the look of empty cages. But, I do have one worry. Will I be able to catch if something is wrong with a lot of plants?

Yes you will see her struggle to get around. Not usually the problem though. Plus they work like an indicator, if plants aren't doing well maybe cham is missing something also.

Think Treetop

Okay guys, I went a littttle nuts. So my Cham is coming in over a week. This is quickly becoming an obsession. Anyhow, so I started planning to build his enclosure and I am doing a background and all this fun stuff. The more I research I do, the more I find stuff to do/buy. First, I have bought a Herpstat and a KingMist and one million other fun things. Then, I decide you know what? I don't want to have to build his mansion enclosure quickly I want to take a really long time doing it so I bought a Dragon Ledge Tall Cage Enclosure ??? (I think I secretly want two cages so one day I can get another Cham). This tiny Cham is gonna be spoiled. Make me stoppp.
Hopefully you bought the herpstat 2 then so you can run two enclosures with it. ?
I like you... Your my kind of keeper. Make me feel much better about the $1000's of dollars I spent :hilarious:

???? I can't stop. I did!
Ok so what I will tell you! You will be so happy you bought the correct things the first time. And the quality of products your buying will not only make your life easier but will provide a safe and amazing space for your baby.

I am in love with Dragon strand enclosures. I love every single aspect about them. The herpstat is amazing! Let me know if you have questions on it. It takes the guess work out of "is my basking spot too hot or cold". When your ambient temps change your herpstat is still making sure that basking spot is exactly where you want it.

Ok so what I will tell you! You will be so happy you bought the correct things the first time. And the quality of products your buying will not only make your life easier but will provide a safe and amazing space for your baby.

I am in love with Dragon strand enclosures. I love every single aspect about them. The herpstat is amazing! Let me know if you have questions on it. It takes the guess work out of "is my basking spot too hot or cold". When your ambient temps change your herpstat is still making sure that basking spot is exactly where you want it.

and remember to check screen temp under light to avoid burns.

I am a visual learner and it's hard for me visualizing the basking light placement and all that. Or how to use the dimming thermostat. I know what it will do but idk what the set up will be like

Of course. I am happy to help.
Okay here's the uvb light and basking light. I just ordered the basking light stand you showed me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-160145_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-160145_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20200423-160235_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-160235_Chrome.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 136
I am a visual learner and it's hard for me visualizing the basking light placement and all that. Or how to use the dimming thermostat. I know what it will do but idk what the set up will be like

This may help you if your visual like me. WIth the herpstat prob your going to tie that in using tiny zip ties to the basking branch closest to the fixture. In the last pic you can see where I have mine tied in on the branch. Prob is placed on top of the branch so it pulls exact temps. If you want the basking to be 82 degrees you want to set the herpstat for 80 because it will be warmer as the cham rises off the branch.

basking hooked in1.JPG basking hooked in2.JPG basking hooked in3.JPG lighting3.JPG lighting2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom