He wants OUT!!!

Psychobunny

Avid Member
Slinky, my 4 month old panther, was getting on great, eating, drinking, nice white urates, etc.
Then, I let him out for the first time, to experience the free range.

He has been out one other time.
So, now he spends nearly all his time trying to get out! he is so preoccupied with finding that way out, that he is ignoring the food I put in, and I noticed his urates are slightly yellow or orange.

I just got a rain nozzle attachment for the MistKing in hopes this will help stimulate him to drink.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Probably, but meanwhile, I dont know weather I should give him his wish and let him out, or not.
If he continues to not drink, that could be a problem.
I ordered some silkies, they are nearly all liquid, and I know he likes them.

I usually wait until they are mature to let them free range. But I havent even seen any semen plugs from him yet.

Probably, but meanwhile, I dont know weather I should give him his wish and let him out, or not.
If he continues to not drink, that could be a problem.
I ordered some silkies, they are nearly all liquid, and I know he likes them.

I usually wait until they are mature to let them free range. But I havent even seen any semen plugs from him yet.

I had this same problem yesterday, and I feel your pain. I had to hand feed him and that took all day :) he eventually went back in on his own. About 10mins before his last misting. I think I may wait but have heard people say make sure they get through a good misting and eating before letting them out. I thnk you are on the right track with the worms and maybe hold off on letting him out until you get something established.

Stan you are very lucky that any of your guys will stay in a cage after being FR. Every veiled I've ever had hated the cage and tore up there face, nose and head rubbing it trying to get out. Sage has a nice big outside sun cage for when I can't sit outside and watch him in his tree and he spends every moment in it try to get out. He could care less about being outside if it's caged in any way shape or form. Luie did the exact something and rubbed the scales off his chin and casqued for life.

My veiled chameleon is doing the same thing! And she should be having eggs here soon which makes it worse. :( I put a blanket around her cage so she couldn't see out then she began climbing upside down right under the UVB to rub her face against there :\

I thought the not interest in eating and light yellow urinates was because she was close to laying.

I had this same problem yesterday, and I feel your pain. I had to hand feed him and that took all day :) he eventually went back in on his own. About 10mins before his last misting. I think I may wait but have heard people say make sure they get through a good misting and eating before letting them out. I thnk you are on the right track with the worms and maybe hold off on letting him out until you get something established.

Thanks, you mean your cham when back to his cage on his own??!!
I have never seen this happen, quite the opposite, it's always a chore getting my guyz back home.

I just got a new order of silkies, he loves those, and I will continue with the hand feeding until he is totally comfortable with my hand.
Then, we will try the free range again ;)

Stan you are very lucky that any of your guys will stay in a cage after being FR. Every veiled I've ever had hated the cage and tore up there face, nose and head rubbing it trying to get out. Sage has a nice big outside sun cage for when I can't sit outside and watch him in his tree and he spends every moment in it try to get out. He could care less about being outside if it's caged in any way shape or form. Luie did the exact something and rubbed the scales off his chin and casqued for life.

LOL! all 4 of my guyz beg to be let out as soon as they see me.
I wish I was lucky enough to still live in FT Lauderdale so I could build a nice cage area and have it attached to the house.

Sméagol works so desperately to get out, that he too rubs his nose against the screen. I stuck a bunch of fake vines and stuff to the walls inside the cage so there is little bare screen still exposed for him to scratch on, and that has helped a lot.

I had the exact same problem as well. I just covered his cage for a few days so he can't look out and soon enough he started eating again. He still wants to get out sometimes though now that I removed the cloth covering his enclosure but at least he's back to normal cham activities like eating, drinking n basking!

Thanks, you mean your cham when back to his cage on his own??!!
I have never seen this happen, quite the opposite, it's always a chore getting my guyz back home.

I just got a new order of silkies, he loves those, and I will continue with the hand feeding until he is totally comfortable with my hand.
Then, we will try the free range again ;)

Yes he did, but he was out for way to long, like 1030am until 5pm. He is comfortable with hand feeding but not holding or walking on to it. I tried to get him to walk on a stick but it was not successful. But yeah he went back on his own. crazy right.Good luck, and I am waiting on my horns and silkies. :D

Back
Top Bottom