Hatching some silk moths

If it's a female it won't flutter and therefore of no interest to cham. You can put in little dish and shake it around to get interest.
I think I have all males so far then lol! Because they've all fluttered for me. I think anyway.

This morning I took one of the fluttering ones and put him on a branch. Pretty sure Spike ate him because he was gone before I got to work to see. He was just sitting there fluttering some but not moving. So I'll know when I get home if I can find him or not lol But another hatched this morning! So I will surely have some for Saturday to try.

Bolt is a eating machine! He cleans his feeding dish within a minute or two. He usually wants more but I limit him to 6 feeders a day to keep his casque lean.

Bolt is a eating machine! He cleans his feeding dish within a minute or two. He usually wants more but I limit him to 6 feeders a day to keep his casque lean.
Spike has really slowed down his eating. He's typically eating 1-2 silkworms (they're large now though) per day, and up to 6 large BSFL. Most days the last week or so he's really only eaten 1 silkworm. Some days he doesn't touch anything. Sometimes its like... 1 large silk and 1-3 BSFL.

He still gets hatched BSF too. And he definitely ate his moth yesterday lol But yeah I've noticed some 'changes' in him ever since winter hit New Jersey.

And on top of that, he's getting much larger bugs now. I don't have any concerns. I feel it's all just based on the situation and he's doing just fine :)

On the weekends I'll sleep in some and NOT feed Spike early in the morning as he's making his way to his basking area. And then he'll usually eat right away when I feed. In fact he will sit next to where I put the bowl sometimes as soon as I put it in lol

Back
Top Bottom