Has anyone used something like this for their enclosures?

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Curious if anyone has used or considered using garage shelves you can install to hold their enclosures. Found this 72” one on Amazon that will fit my 3 enclosures and hold up to 200lbs. each shelf. Figured I could mount them a few feet off the ground and have visually appealing buckets underneath to catch water. Seems like this would be similar to using a wire rack system. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0D16HO/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp?th=1

Curious if anyone has used or considered using garage shelves you can install to hold their enclosures. Found this 72” one on Amazon that will fit my 3 enclosures and hold up to 200lbs. each shelf. Figured I could mount them a few feet off the ground and have visually appealing buckets underneath to catch water. Seems like this would be similar to using a wire rack system. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0D16HO/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp?th=1
Interesting idea. The only downside that I see would be not being able to easily move your enclosures. You’d also want to make sure you have a quality stud finder to install them.

These look great!

I’d love to see what you find for visually appealing buckets ?

Interesting idea. The only downside that I see would be not being able to easily move your enclosures. You’d also want to make sure you have a quality stud finder to install them.
+1. Wall mount vs. moveable is the only difference I can see.

Gingero, if you don't mind another suggestion, adjustable wall mount shelving. Uses a couple of channels attached to the wall that the shelves are mounted to (rather than mounting directly to the wall). Then if conditions change, you don't have to rip the brackets out of the wall and remount—just move the shelf to where you want it.

I don't plan on moving them any time soon. The only place they can fit in my apartment is in my living room so that's where they are stuck until I move into a house. I'll look into the adjustable ones. I'm really trying to find something that won't be an eye sore since this is in my living room.

I would get a stud finder first... See what your actual spacing is for the studs in the wall. Because if you can't use one of the brackets because the studs are father apart this is going to effect how much weight it will bare.

Definitely need to make sure the shelves can support the total weight, and def make sure they are super well anchored (in stud, long screws, etc). There are some supports that will help anchoring to sheetrock, but ive seen too many plant shelf fails - studs are way to go.

I don't plan on moving them any time soon. The only place they can fit in my apartment is in my living room so that's where they are stuck until I move into a house. I'll look into the adjustable ones. I'm really trying to find something that won't be an eye sore since this is in my living room.
Famous last words (often mine). Stuff happens.

That's why I linked to a page of pictures; there's a plethora of styles & designs out there, and aesthetics are subjective. ;)

A lot is going to depend on how you mount them. If you don't go into a stud (that may not be conveniently located) they may not support the weight with the water in the buckets.

Back
Top Bottom