Anyone heard of or used this automatic mister?

ItsMike64

Established Member
So before I shell out $150 on a mistking I wanted to see if there was a more economical alternative available and came across this one on amazon. It did have one single 5 star review, but I actually don't see it on there anymore. Comes with the pump, tubing, and some nozzles. It almost looks too good to be true, but then again, if it works like a mistking does, and for $100 less, then I'm sold. Just wanted to check here to see if anyone has experience with this? I looked on google and YouTube but couldn't find any reviews.

Here is the product in question

Not heard of it, but looking at the page, a few things jump out.
Looking at the vendor's page, it appears this is a plant care company trying to expand into herpetology; nothing wrong with that per se.
It appears they've tried to put everything into one compact package.

• What happens if either the pump or timer conk out; can you replace them separately or do you have to replace the whole works?
  • It comes with 2 nozzles. How many more can/will it accommodate?
  • Why does it need a USB cable?
Saving Time and Labor: Compared to traditional reptile humidifiers, our humidifier does not have a water tank, and you can use a large bucket as a reservoir.
  • What's the difference (functionally) between a tank and a reservoir?

1641575625296.png
  • ??? :confused: ??? :unsure: So... which is it? I have my MK set to 2 min. sessions. 99 seconds won't cover that. Can you choose 2 min. 30 sec. if that's appropriate?

This product may be a replacement for another not currently available:
https://us.amazon.com/Moistenland-Terrariums-Humidifier-Rainforest-Adjustable/dp/B08FX1VV88
This product does have some reviews
https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...ll_reviews&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

Up to you, but I'd pass. To save a few $$, you might look at CliMist (though they never answered my email); check them out in the archives.

Another possibility is that there are threads on how to build a MK from scratch. Sorry, I don't have a link ATM.

You could also opt for MK v.4.0 instead of 5.0. The only difference I'm aware of is the timer.

Having been where you are, I opted to take the plunge for a MK 5.0, and have no regrets. YMMV.

The major difference is the minutes timer you get with mist king.... So you can mist at specific times of day and not just intervals... I.e. every X hours for example. Also check the reservoir size. The bigger the reservoir the better.. anything less than 5 gallons you may run it dry on accident. The $100 you are saving by choosing this one and not mist King is not really worth it imo... especially if you end up having to replace it later.

Love the mist king I have both timers as I made an error when ordering. Got the zip drip upgrade but never use it .
Got a reservoir at home Depot for a food safe bucket does wonders.
No regrets on the buy with MK ease of use and reliable construction are enough to warrant the price even for my broke / cheap self. I really love the st-24 timer / controller

Got the zip drip upgrade but never use it .
I looked at that before ordering our first MK. IIRC, the zip drip is to prevent a couple of drops of water coming out of the nozzles after a misting(?) I figured I could handle a couple of odd random drops, but in the year I've had it, I haven't noticed any, so ItsMike64, save your money on (NOT) ordering the ZD.

Got a reservoir at home Depot for a food safe bucket does wonders.
No regrets on the buy with MK ease of use and reliable construction are enough to warrant the price even for my broke / cheap self. I really love the st-24 timer / controller
(y)

Back
Top Bottom