Gout?

I should see improvements then right? Or has this caused irreversible damage?
If it is a matter of D3 and A not being correct due to the expired supplements you would start to see an improvement with targeting and being able to shoot farther over a couple months of getting the multivitamin supplement.

If it is a matter of D3 and A not being correct due to the expired supplements you would start to see an improvement with targeting and being able to shoot farther over a couple months of getting the multivitamin supplement.
Any others potential causes?

Any others potential causes?
This is the major one. But everything can be connected with these guys. For all we know all those plastic looking pieces that are on top of the screen below the bulbs might be emitting fumes when they get hot. He may also have a mouth injury. Or he could have hyper extended his tongue causing a strain. This is where the entire husbandry picture comes into play. When aspects are not spot on this can create a ripple effect.

This is the major one. But everything can be connected with these guys. For all we know all those plastic looking pieces that are on top of the screen below the bulbs might be emitting fumes when they get hot. He may also have a mouth injury. Or he could have hyper extended his tongue causing a strain. This is where the entire husbandry picture comes into play. When aspects are not spot on this can create a ripple effect.
Yeah I'm trying to fix everything. I'm slowly realizing that I've kinda slacked off on husbandry just due to being busy. It was definitely perfect when I first got him. Hopefully he improves as I fix it all.

Well, today he isn't looking as great. Doing the thing where he doesn't go up to the basking spot and instead just rests at the bottom with his eyes closed but still alert. I've noticed that when he's like this, if I manually move him to the top, he'll stay there and kinda gets going for the day and is much more normal afterwards. Should I move him when he does this or just let him stay at the bottom of the cage and rest? @Beman

Well, today he isn't looking as great. Doing the thing where he doesn't go up to the basking spot and instead just rests at the bottom with his eyes closed but still alert. I've noticed that when he's like this, if I manually move him to the top, he'll stay there and kinda gets going for the day and is much more normal afterwards. Should I move him when he does this or just let him stay at the bottom of the cage and rest? @Beman
So I am dealing with an aging cham not a sick one... Beman has his days where he does not want to get up and do "normal" things. When he is like this I monitor him but leave him where he is if he has no interest in moving. The next day he is back up and moving around. I try not to force him... I figure he knows what his body needs so if he wants to spend most of his time low in the cage then I should leave him. Almost always when he has these days he only stays there until around 12 or 1pm then he will come up and bask.

I can not say what to do with yours just tell you what I do with mine. I also have not experienced any issues with RI or health issues outside of Parasites while I have kept chams. I know that they can be quite lethargic with meds. I dunno if I would force anything until the next day if the behavior continued.

So I am dealing with an aging cham not a sick one... Beman has his days where he does not want to get up and do "normal" things. When he is like this I monitor him but leave him where he is if he has no interest in moving. The next day he is back up and moving around. I try not to force him... I figure he knows what his body needs so if he wants to spend most of his time low in the cage then I should leave him. Almost always when he has these days he only stays there until around 12 or 1pm then he will come up and bask.

I can not say what to do with yours just tell you what I do with mine. I also have not experienced any issues with RI or health issues outside of Parasites while I have kept chams. I know that they can be quite lethargic with meds. I dunno if I would force anything until the next day if the behavior continued.
This behavior is honestly pre-RI. He has been like this for a long time. He is usually good the next day but I don't like the fact that he's closing his eyes.

Also, I added another pothos which is helping nighttime humidity a bit but now his daytime humidity is in the mid 50s in the lower area of the cage. Is this a problem? I'm sure it's much lower at his basking spot.

Another thing I've noticed that is visible just by looking through the photos in this thread is how dull his colors are. I haven't seen him with bright blue colors during the day in so long. He's also back on that high vine. Maybe he's just stressed and trying to get away from me?
IMG_6550.jpeg
1711314628828.png

The comparison is quite sad.

Last edited:
This behavior is honestly pre-RI. He has been like this for a long time. He is usually good the next day but I don't like the fact that he's closing his eyes.
So again one of those things where 1 thing can cause a ripple effect. might replace the UVB bulb and see if that helps. May also be linked to the supplements being so expired.
Also, I added another pothos which is helping nighttime humidity a bit but now his daytime humidity is in the mid 50s in the lower area of the cage. Is this a problem? I'm sure it's much lower at his basking spot.
No this is not an issue. Humidity will always be higher the lower you go in the cage.
Another thing I've noticed that is visible just by looking through the photos in this thread is how dull his colors are. I haven't seen him with bright blue colors during the day in so long. He's also back on that high vine. Maybe he's just stressed and trying to get away from me?
View attachment 353458View attachment 353459
The comparison is quite sad.
So colors could be linked to being sick, supplements, uvb, but this can also be common with Panthers. They can go through like a winter blues where their colors go completely flat and dull.

So again one of those things where 1 thing can cause a ripple effect. might replace the UVB bulb and see if that helps. May also be linked to the supplements being so expired.

No this is not an issue. Humidity will always be higher the lower you go in the cage.

So colors could be linked to being sick, supplements, uvb, but this can also be common with Panthers. They can go through like a winter blues where their colors go completely flat and dull.
Bulb is brand new. What do you think of this fogger?

I like top fill foggers... Then I always measure the distance I need to get to the top of my cage. After that I take the top of the fogger where the fog comes out to home depot and find 1/2 inch pvc and adapter pieces so that I can attach to that top and then go up and turn to go over the cage. I normally use T connectors in like 3 place along the line and end with an L. So I have multiple outlets for the fog to drop down into the cage.

Back
Top Bottom