Gout?

It kinda seems to me like the antibiotics were working and then something caused him to regress which probably caused the infection to come back. He still has 5 more doses so I'm hoping it'll go away again.

It kinda seems to me like the antibiotics were working and then something caused him to regress which probably caused the infection to come back. He still has 5 more doses so I'm hoping it'll go away again.
Wish I knew for sure but this is more Vet territory and I just would be guessing at this point.

Yeah he's gaping this morning. Idk what to do.
IMG_6563.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah he's gaping this morning. Idk what to do.
Get him into the vet... If temps are right and he is gaping then this means he could be having issues breathing. The meds may not be working on his RI. Might need to do a different one. Or may just need more time on these. I dunno. I am not a vet so I am not able to give that kind of info. Just that I would get him seen again.

Get him into the vet... If temps are right and he is gaping then this means he could be having issues breathing. The meds may not be working on his RI. Might need to do a different one. Or may just need more time on these. I dunno. I am not a vet so I am not able to give that kind of info. Just that I would get him seen again.
Should I go to same vet? I noticed they weren't on vet list. I went to Avian and Exotics

Will he be okay that long? Like he's not just gonna drop dead right? He seems to be gaping a lot but is alert and stuff. He's stressing me out so much.

Will he be okay that long? Like he's not just gonna drop dead right? He seems to be gaping a lot but is alert and stuff. He's stressing me out so much.
Classically from what I have seen the last 5 years here is you know when they are on deaths door. Eye turrets are very sunk in, can not hold themselves up, Lethargic. With RI's what I have seen are the same things except an extreme issue breathing. So they end up gaping but also pointing their nose up to breathe better.

So I do not think he is there yet and would be fine to wait until the appointment today. I just would not be waiting days to get him in since an RI can progress so quickly.

IMG_6611.jpeg

He's just sleeping today. Eyes are only open cause he saw me. Not sure what to do. I could take him outside which usually gets him going but idk if that's actually helping.

Back
Top Bottom