Good home?

Sloppysponge

Avid Member
I am a new to chameleons and I wanted to make sure this looks like a good home for my new lady panther.

Attachments

• received_10156601044705347.jpeg
    received_10156601044705347.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 157
Setup is okay, but it looks like you're missing a basking light? They need high Temps. With as much misting you'll be doing, no heat to absorb could cause respitory problems. Or even too cold of temps! Basking light should be at least 50 watt. They are tree dwellers and love places to climb, hide , bask. Basking vine or branch should be at least 6 inches away. (They bask to help digest food) it'll also help keep up the humidity that's why some people get live plants. Good luck (y)

Setup is okay, but it looks like you're missing a basking light? They need high Temps. With as much misting you'll be doing, no heat to absorb could cause respitory problems. Or even too cold of temps! Basking light should be at least 50 watt. They are tree dwellers and love places to climb, hide , bask. Basking vine or branch should be at least 6 inches away. (They bask to help digest food) it'll also help keep up the humidity that's why some people get live plants. Good luck (y)

It's hard to tell but I dot have a basking light and vine exactly like you say :)

Um no. Def not a basking lamp. Lol. That's a infrared night light to hold warm Temps. BASKING LIGHT is extremely important. It helps them digest.

Not sure how big your cage is or how old your cham is but 50-100 watt is good. Only 13 bucks at the pet store. Infra red is only if your Temps drop down under 60 at night bruh. Just switch the lights in and out. During the day basking and uvb always! 12 hours then 12 hours off unless too cold , Infra red. They need heat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-01-13-04-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-01-13-04-10.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 94
Um no. Def not a basking lamp. Lol. That's a infrared night light to hold warm Temps. BASKING LIGHT is extremely important. It helps them digest.

Not sure how big your cage is or how old your cham is but 50-100 watt is good. Only 13 bucks at the pet store. Infra red is only if your Temps drop down under 60 at night bruh. Just switch the lights in and out. During the day basking and uvb always! 12 hours then 12 hours off unless too cold , Infra red. They need heat.

The red one I can't even hold my hand under?

How high does the temp get under it? I think as long as it gets up to it 85 and up depending on how old the cham is should be fine.

Well up to you lol base it off your own judgement to see how he feels first and you'll notice if he's comfortable. I met another person who had a veiled and she had the red light as well but it didn't give enough heat and he kept climbing way up top as close as he could in a high moist enclosure. Good luck! (y)

The red one I can't even hold my hand under?
The red light or infrared light, is of no use with a chameleon. They need the light from a basking bulb to recognize that it's the heat source. When it lights up the basking area, they'll know to go there. Chams correlate heat and light together. Using the red bulb, she may overheat and not thermoregulate herself properly. I would get the bulb recommended above. They work great.

Back
Top Bottom