Spraying when light on or after lights go off.

Hi Rita I see you are asking this elsewhere, I personally mist before lights on my heat light is set to take an hour to reach desired temp I run a dripper in the afternoon, as I only run my basking light until 3pm I sometimes mist before the uv goes off
Yes I am getting paranoid about misting, the reptile room is reading 55%, it is normally high humidity in the UK. I have 2 fans running in the day. I haven't got my champ yet just want to get the set up right. I have a bio set up I breed all my own isopods and springtails. I belong to chameleon UK site and they all spray with light on. So confused 🥴

Hi Rita I see you are asking this elsewhere, I personally mist before lights on my heat light is set to take an hour to reach desired temp I run a dripper in the afternoon, as I only run my basking light until 3pm I sometimes mist before the uv goes off
Hi thank you, what humidity is your paludarium keeping in the day. I can’t get mine down below 50. When I spray it spikes at 70, so I am worried.

Hi thank you, what humidity is your paludarium keeping in the day. I can’t get mine down below 50. When I spray it spikes at 70, so I am worried.
Hi I don't have a paludarium I have a mujipanthers viv , I used an exoterra pal 4 years ago, but changed to a repti breeze 2x2x4 which looked and made more sense, firstly as obviously its taller for an arboreal animal but also for air flow . Now have a muji viv , did you say youf getting a panther, if so it doesn't need to get below 50% also spikes are natural, you just wouldn't want it sitting constantly high, I'm a member of uk group I seen your post , I personally don't agree with what they recommend ( I'm not an expert, and anything I say is just my opinion for the record ) I don't mist during the day as per their recommendation3 x times for a panther. I just run a dripper. Mid day . As for my humidity it varies just like the thermal gradient, , I measure mine in 3 places, bottom, middle top, my boy spends most of time during the day up top , ( but does go up and down) so j look at all % s , as in a natural rain forest it's gonna be higher down below , but I sometimes focus on the up top % when hes there ,and look at my % where hes at ,at night vs his natural habitat where are you measuring your humidity, in your enclosure

Hello thank you for your reply. I am measuring at the top where I suppose he will be sat. The heat bulb is measuring 28, there recommendations for a young Cham and 30 for adult, don’t really get that. Do you spray at night, my hubby thinks it makes sense to spray in the evenings and early morning, just like nature, it wet and dewy early morning, the sun comes out and drys everything out. I watch chameleon academy and I find what they say interesting, but they are in the USA and weather is different to old Blighty 🤪. I am getting a dripper next. My enclosure is 90x45x90 but I am thinking on adding a reptibreeze with the exo terra, I thought we could remove one door and add the reptile breeze so it would be L shaped. Do you recon that would work.

Hello thank you for your reply. I am measuring at the top where I suppose he will be sat. The heat bulb is measuring 28, there recommendations for a young Cham and 30 for adult, don’t really get that. Do you spray at night, my hubby thinks it makes sense to spray in the evenings and early morning, just like nature, it wet and dewy early morning, the sun comes out and drys everything out. I watch chameleon academy and I find what they say interesting, but they are in the USA and weather is different to old Blighty 🤪. I am getting a dripper next. My enclosure is 90x45x90 but I am thinking on adding a reptibreeze with the exo terra, I thought we could remove one door and add the reptile breeze so it would be L shaped. Do you recon that would work.
Ok so bear with me , I believe they recommended 28 or 30 for young and 32 for adults ( male ) personally ( only my thoughts) it only gets to these temps in Madagascar a couple of months per year ( and most definitely not all day every day) as i believe they say 12 hrs a day the same as the uvb , as I only run my basking light from 8 till 3 ( which I have my thermostat set to slowly increase and decrease temperature 1hr either side , ( so it naturally gets warm and cool rather than rapidly heating up. Other groups recommend temps of 26 _29 c . I have my 7 month boy thermostat set ag 28c . The thing is usa vs UK I don't personally look at it that way I look at enclosure vs the climate in Madagascar and take it from there, sometimes I do short mist in the middle of the night ( personally you need set up your enclosure snd see what's going on , as everyone's home and enclosure is different, ( be mindful of your night time temps ( you don't want high humidity at night if your temperature is high ) like the uk group doesn't reccomend fogging at night which is understandable if your night temps are high above 18c vs 70to 80 % ( which in Madagascar % would be mid to high 90% but the temp may only be 12c , so I personally wouldn't want ti raise humidity ti high unless temps where low , as for joining 2 enclosure together I don't know. May I ask why you choose the exoterra and also what age of cham are you getting? Maybe consider keeping the repti breeze for the future enclosure ( which can be made bioactive) as they grow pretty quick and more suited in my opinion for an arboreal animal. Sorry for the late and long reply. ( please remember these are only my thoughts)

Ok so bear with me , I believe they recommended 28 or 30 for young and 32 for adults ( male ) personally ( only my thoughts) it only gets to these temps in Madagascar a couple of months per year ( and most definitely not all day every day) as i believe they say 12 hrs a day the same as the uvb , as I only run my basking light from 8 till 3 ( which I have my thermostat set to slowly increase and decrease temperature 1hr either side , ( so it naturally gets warm and cool rather than rapidly heating up. Other groups recommend temps of 26 _29 c . I have my 7 month boy thermostat set ag 28c . The thing is usa vs UK I don't personally look at it that way I look at enclosure vs the climate in Madagascar and take it from there, sometimes I do short mist in the middle of the night ( personally you need set up your enclosure snd see what's going on , as everyone's home and enclosure is different, ( be mindful of your night time temps ( you don't want high humidity at night if your temperature is high ) like the uk group doesn't reccomend fogging at night which is understandable if your night temps are high above 18c vs 70to 80 % ( which in Madagascar % would be mid to high 90% but the temp may only be 12c , so I personally wouldn't want ti raise humidity ti high unless temps where low , as for joining 2 enclosure together I don't know. May I ask why you choose the exoterra and also what age of cham are you getting? Maybe consider keeping the repti breeze for the future enclosure ( which can be made bioactive) as they grow pretty quick and more suited in my opinion for an arboreal animal. Sorry for the late and long reply. ( please remember these are only my thoughts)
Thank you for your response. Very interesting in what you have said. I still haven't got the panther yet and not sure what age I will be getting.

You could look at steel city chams they are licensed breeders and have good stock , they are in Sheffield, but can courier. No harm in looking

Hi I have sent them a message. Question Could I join a reptibreeze with my existing exo terra paludarium, I was thinking of removing one door and joining it up with a repibreeze to make a bigger environment for him. Any suggestions please.

Hi I honestly don't know as I believe they have different dimensions, as opposed to what sonny has done , have you already got a repti breeze, ? ( personally I would just use the repti breeze or connect two repti breeze together. Is it the 36 x 18x 36exo terra

Hi I honestly don't know as I believe they have different dimensions, as opposed to what sonny has done , have you already got a repti breeze, ? ( personally I would just use the repti breeze or connect two repti breeze together. Is it the 36 x 18x 36exo terra
This is what I would do as well. Here are some excellent steps to do this in case you are interested :)

Thank you that look brilliant. My paludarium is off the floor on a table as I know they like to look down. If I can fit them together it will give him more horizontal movement. The top of the enclosure is about 6 foot off the ground. It’s a exo terra 90x45x90, so I will be adding a 45x45x90 extra to his environment. It’s being delivered today. That’s the exo terra paludarium, I have turn it into a bio Active with isopods and springtails which I breed my own, as I have lots of different breeds of dart frogs.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thank you that look brilliant. My paludarium is off the floor on a table as I know they like to look down. If I can fit them together it will give him more horizontal movement. The top of the enclosure is about 6 foot off the ground. It’s a exo terra 90x45x90, so I will be adding a 45x45x90 extra to his environment. It’s being delivered today. That’s the exo terra paludarium, I have turn it into a bio Active with isopods and springtails which I breed my own, as I have lots of different breeds of dart frogs.
Be interesting to see what you come up with, but if you get a let's say 3 months old panther ( you don't want any younger) he will only be around the size of your thumb ( body size excluding tail length) so the exoterra will be way big enough without the repti breeze xl so I personally wouldn't try and rush things, my boy is 7.5 months and has a ton of space in his 2x2x4 for his age, also look into getting a feeder cup/ run whatever. So you can monitor has much they are eating and also have it in the general vacinty as basking ( in my opinion this is better ) basking, uvb,food ,dripper, everything conveint at least till they settle in and thrive 😉

Ok the paludarium is coming on nicely with plants and bio active floor. We got the reptibreeze and got that along side the exo terra, now to fit it altogether. My hubby is brilliant at making things fit. Here is a photo of my paludarium. When we get the reptibreeze fitted together I will post more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20231013_111404_resized_20231013_111500472.jpeg
    IMG_20231013_111404_resized_20231013_111500472.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 32
Ok the paludarium is coming on nicely with plants and bio active floor. We got the reptibreeze and got that along side the exo terra, now to fit it altogether. My hubby is brilliant at making things fit. Here is a photo of my paludarium. When we get the reptibreeze fitted together I will post more pics.
Very beautiful 😍😍😍. I would recommend taking out those rope vine things as well as the plant support thing in the middle. They have been known to rip out cham claws 😞. And you’ll want to make sure all of your plants are chameleon safe. Some chams tend to eat the plants in their enclosure so this is really important.

Very beautiful 😍😍😍. I would recommend taking out those rope vine things as well as the plant support thing in the middle. They have been known to rip out cham claws 😞. And you’ll want to make sure all of your plants are chameleon safe. Some chams tend to eat the plants in their enclosure so this is really important.
Yes I took out the pole in the middle as it was to close to the uvb. Is the vine no good as well. Could I wrap something around them to make them safe.

Hi what exactly are the vine things ? As elizaann2 mentioned little nails can get caught, but also as I found out years ago some of these products break down with constant humidity/ misting and temps which could also be an impactionrisk( and also with not knowing the materials used for them some could release toxins in the conditions we created. In my last 2 enclosure I have only used all live plants and all natural branches.

Hi what exactly are the vine things ? As elizaann2 mentioned little nails can get caught, but also as I found out years ago some of these products break down with constant humidity/ misting and temps which could also be an impactionrisk( and also with not knowing the materials used for them some could release toxins in the conditions we created. In my last 2 enclosure I have only used all live plants and all natural branches.
Yes I took it out.

Back
Top Bottom