Giving Away Female and Male Veiled Chameleon

Finola22

Hey, I have two Chameleons that I am looking to find a new home for. I have recently put up an ad on Craigslist for the male and a separate one for the female but I have only had one possible buyer. The only other ideas that we have is an event coming up in March 2020 in the Fort Lauderdale Florida area that is able to collect exotic animals from people but other then that we have no ideas. I’m not sure how we are supposed to find a place for these animals, it has become to much with our changing lives and faster schedules and everything but I don’t know where we can drop them off or sell them. The only other idea that I have is calling some local reptile shops to see if they would take them in but I’m not too sure. Anyways, please help if you have any safe and humane ways to rehome the chameleons let me know, I have been searching all over the internet. The top one on my arm is the one and a half year old female and the other chameleon on the red wire is the male at under 1 year
E13125D8-584B-48AE-8923-E2F7FC4A6A45.jpeg
78C370A4-3C12-4EDD-89B4-FAED0FCB3C79.jpeg

If you can ship, I can take the female...
Ill pay for overnight shipping. I have a 18x18x36 Mesh cage. Let me know so I can Cop a t5 light.
If you cannot ship, I completely Understand.

If you can't find a place for them I live in the Tampa Bay area and run a little bit of a rescue [unofficially, word of mouth]. I have a veiled that I rescued earlier this year.

That being said, I will gladly take them in and either rehome them or keep them as best I can. I have dedicated room(s) for chams, bugs and plants - indoors and out.

Whatever the case may be, I hope they find a new home and prosper!

[Thanks for the mention @MissSkittles ]

If you can ship, I can take the female...
Ill pay for overnight shipping. I have a 18x18x36 Mesh cage. Let me know so I can Cop a t5 light.
If you cannot ship, I completely Understand.
Hey, I mean I’m not really sure how to ship a reptile but these are both pretty calm and everything so I think that would be okay.

If you can't find a place for them I live in the Tampa Bay area and run a little bit of a rescue [unofficially, word of mouth]. I have a veiled that I rescued earlier this year.

That being said, I will gladly take them in and either rehome them or keep them as best I can. I have dedicated room(s) for chams, bugs and plants - indoors and out.

Whatever the case may be, I hope they find a new home and prosper!

[Thanks for the mention @MissSkittles ]
Do you know of any other places or organizations that can take in reptiles for you?

Do you know of any other places or organizations that can take in reptiles for you?
I do not. Like I said, I'm just an "unofficial rescue", much like this situation. I do it here because places like ASPCA and the Humane Society do not accept lizards of any kind. The one place I know that takes them in, does not keep them well - in a room with no windows, glass aquariums, freeze dried mealworms for food, etc.

Usually I'd offer to make the drive down there, it's only 3.5 hours to Miami area. Unfortunately, I am booked solid between the holidays, work and already planned weekends.

Someone above said he was willing to pay the shipping fee, that might be an option.

Hope you get it figured out, best of luck!

Hey, I mean I’m not really sure how to ship a reptile but these are both pretty calm and everything so I think that would be okay.
There are YouTube videos and some members here have lots of experience shipping reptiles, perhaps they can give a few pointers. Tbh I don’t know how to ship chameleons either but I know that’s an option

Do you have a place to bring them inside when it’s cold?
Yes
I have inside and outside cages.
Two dedicated outdoors aviaries.
Three dedicated indoors aviaries and two transitional indoor/outdoor aviaries that will be moveable from my patio into my sunroom.

Attachments

• 20191130_135424.jpg
    20191130_135424.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 110
  • 20191124_191407.jpg
    20191124_191407.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 120
These are being set up this weekend.
These are the indoor/ outdoor cages.

Attachments

• 20191211_222317.jpg
    20191211_222317.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20191210_145206.jpg
    20191210_145206.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 115
Yes
I have inside and outside cages.
Two dedicated outdoors aviaries.
Three dedicated indoors aviaries and two transitional indoor/outdoor aviaries that will be moveable from my patio into my sunroom.

That’s good because I live in the Keys and it’s to cold for them out side here year round, even with lights. Sunrise would get even lower temps than here. Chameleons need to warm up during the daytime.

That’s good because I live in the Keys and it’s to cold for them out side here year round, even with lights. Sunrise would get even lower temps than here. Chameleons need to warm up during the daytime.
I agree.
The two I currently have live primarily indoors.
They were born, sold to me and acclimated for indoors.

Back
Top Bottom