Giant veiled at repticon made me feel inferior about mine

poppototamus

So I saw a couple really huge male veileds at repticon here in Atlanta last month and my male, who is 1.5 now, is really small in comparison. He weighs in at 155 grams, but he's way too squirrelly for me to try to get a length. Do I have a naturally small chameleon? Could I have stunted his growth somehow? We're those big guys at the show unusual?

The Veileds you saw at the convention would be a pretty average male from the sounds of it. They typically sit between 250-350g. With that being said, your guy could just be on the runtier side of things. I too, have a Veiled who is currently about 6 mo. old and I don't expect him to get to be much above 200-250g as he is currently only about 50-60g. I wouldn't worry about it and try to just love him for who he is :)

350 (350 is 3/4 of a lb) is a pretty monstrous veiled. Anything from about 160-170+ is fine as long as he is healthy. I would say around 190-220 is average. 160-170 is a little on the small side, but they range quite a bit some times. Yours is still young and growing, so I expect he will be growing and gaining weight in the coming months. They continue to grow throughout their lives, but they generally slow down dramatically in length around 18 months. After that, they start to fill out more. Around 24 months is when they have generally reached adult size, but they can still get bigger after that.

My male is about 180-190 and 17 inches total length.

Edit: check this out.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/adult-male-veiled-weight-33734/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom