Giant Outdoor Chameleon Cage

glitter-omg-emoticon.gif
0033.gif
coolsmileyjazzy1.jpg
Awesome_mc_HT_Smiley_16ffaf3dacb83b3cdcfca7e17df0f735-8aea7cedaa4d32f7d223c23b04aeaaf8.gif
bow_down2.gif
clap.gif
bowing-036.gif

That's one awesome outdoor enclosure Craig. Wanna come to the east coast and help my hubby build one of those? :D

I dont even live In something that nice!
I showed my fiance and told her when we have kids ill build them a habitat like this.
She was not amused!.lol

Gorgeous chams also.
Ranging jeoulousy

Love it! I wish I lived near the coast to be able to do something like this. Not all of California is perfect for outdoor cham enclosures.

I see you have a shade cloth over the top of their cage. What percentage shade cloth is it and do you think it will allow enough uv through for them?

It's a 73% shade cloth. The way the cage is situated they can get sun in the morning and in the afternoon. It's my understanding that they are sensitive to to much sun and so far I haven't seen them really seeking out a basking site. I have been observing them a lot and will change things if I think they need changing.

I see you have a shade cloth over the top of their cage. What percentage shade cloth is it and do you think it will allow enough uv through for them?

I'm in So Cal. I only put them out when I'm home and bring them in at night. I hope to keep them out 24/7 during the Summer.

Hmmm...I see...I want to build a really big out side cage for my chams also...did u make a couple cages in it or is it just one big one?

It's a 73% shade cloth. The way the cage is situated they can get sun in the morning and in the afternoon. It's my understanding that they are sensitive to to much sun and so far I haven't seen them really seeking out a basking site. I have been observing them a lot and will change things if I think they need changing.

Really good point. I've never seen my parsons bask in the true sense. No flatling out of the body. Maybe just a pause in the morning sun to get the morning chill off. I have witnessed more late afternoon sun sitting when the sun is low in the sky.

Last edited:
Really good point. I've never seen my parsons bask in the true sense. No flatling out of the body. Maybe just a pause in the morning sun to get the morning chill off. I have witnessed more late afternoon sun sitting when the sun is low in the sky.

I catch my Parsonii (flatten out) basking in the early morning to recharge his batteries. I do not see it often however he does bask.

Here's a couple pictures of some recent improvements to the GOC.

I added a bunch more branches to the jungle gym.
IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

I also got a big piece of Flag stone and cut it to make a path. I still need to get one more piece to go in the end cage. Hopefully I won't step in any more poo.:)
IMG_2997.jpg

Back
Top Bottom