Giant Centipedes

There's acid that will kill the thing and break it down. Whats 50 more legs from 12? I dont think its toxic and their skin is probably too tough to be stung. I'll look int it more for sure.

Though yes, chams have stomach acid (what animal doesn't?), you have no way of knowing if it is strong enough to break a centipede down. Considering little mealworms have too much chitin in their shells and can cause deadly impactions, I don't think that a tank like centipede is a better option. Far from it.

What feeder do you know of that has 12 legs? True insects have 6.

Also, a chameleon does not have tough skin at all.

This is a bad idea.

centipede1.jpg

cintipede_03.jpg

T.jpg

Palmetto bugs... Bad idea. The American cockroach will eat almost anything. Including cardboard glue, wallpaper, clothing, and all sorts of other things you wouldn't want to feed to your chams. Theyre about the dirtiest insect out there

I was meaning specifically Hawaiian specimens. They are huge and you can find them in the forests. Obviously you wouldn't feed ones that were found in your house. :\

I wasnt referring to those, Kenya suggested they were ok to feed off and i disagree.

The palmetto bugs, you mean? Aren't they just like giant roaches? I'm sorry if I am wrong- I thought that they were also a type of large tropical roach.

why did you come here to ask advice, and then when all the advice goes against what you want you still try to justify it.

Hey Kenya & Sang,
No need to get defensive and attack me. Take it easy brah. I politely asked for opinions and if anyone has fed the chams centis. I live here in HI with the wild Jackson's. I have seen other lizards, birds, cats, chickens eat these centipedes. If thought it would do any harm, of course I would NOT test it out I my pets I love.
I'm far less dark then you think. I am not posting terrible pictures up on a thread. We all know about these negative things in the world. Words are enough, rather then a "1000 words." I'm sure there are many young children, perhaps you, who don't need that type of energy projected on them by viewing such pictures.
If the chams weren't entertaining, why the h*ll would I take care of these beautiful creatures silly!
Just don't attack me. I said I would look into it and asked for opinions. Unless, you have a biology degree or something similar....don't respond to me like that :) After, hearing your bleach scenario response, I take it you don't have one.:rolleyes:

i am currently almost done with my degree in animal behavioral science.

ASU son...

My comments are directed to you in a negative manner because you came here, Lookin for advice, you were told "NOT to do it" as the outcome and benefits are uncertain. you think about raising an animal and you should be thinking about its best health possible in your care, not what would be COOL to watch it eat.

i take less offense to those photos then to your own ability to ignore the advice of numerous owners here on the forums that seem to be far more passionate about the health of their animals then the ability of there animals to entertain them.

Slow down there sang...that degree is nice and all but u just summarized everyone else's suggestions. Keep working on it...

yes, i did summerize, chamero..

i am sorry, but when you come to this forum asking advice, take it.

This is all true, and I didnt mean to be an ass about it...just seems that people like to get on peoples cases here... instead of the expected "constructive criticism" I do agree with all the advice... I used to live in Hawaii and those CENTipedes are huge and do bite... I wouldnt feed it.

Back
Top Bottom