getting a skunk!

I think we all have that problem from time to time :D

:D hahaha!

Rebecca I've been keeping tabs on your stinky little pal on Facebook :) he's super cute, I had no idea skunks were so sweet. Been loving the vids of them playing about. Sure you will keep us updated when he goes home with you. I want to hear if he sprays at you though! Haha!

I want to hear if he sprays at you though! Haha!

I'm sure he will get us at least once while he's getting used to everything, we just hope he doesn't christen us on the 5 hour drive home! I can imagine stopping for lunch at the services after being sprayed... what would people think!? lol

I'm sure he will get us at least once while he's getting used to everything, we just hope he doesn't christen us on the 5 hour drive home! I can imagine stopping for lunch at the services after being sprayed... what would people think!? lol

I am thinking they would give you a free lunch just to get you to leave.:(

My OH usually stays out of the animal stuff- he loves the cat, Alfie the panther cham & my jird, but won't touch any of the other 20+ critters. Skunky, however, has won him over before we've even got him home. There will be a bombardment of videos and pics! We're feeling very good about this & the risk of being sprayed seems insignificant to us...but let's just say it's a good job we're not house-proud LOL

Rebecca I've been keeping tabs on your stinky little pal on Facebook :) he's super cute, I had no idea skunks were so sweet. Been loving the vids of them playing about. Sure you will keep us updated when he goes home with you. I want to hear if he sprays at you though! Haha!

Videos??? Where can we see them????

It's illegal to have them de-scented in the UK, it's deemed as purely cosmetic. I'm ok with that, I don't agree with de-clawing cats, docking dog's tails, etc. If he trusts me, he won't spray :) & they give plenty of warning when they're not happy

Haha, Just make it pinky promise. A skunk cannot break a pinky promise.

Seems Legit!

My OH usually stays out of the animal stuff- he loves the cat, Alfie the panther cham & my jird, but won't touch any of the other 20+ critters. Skunky, however, has won him over before we've even got him home. There will be a bombardment of videos and pics! We're feeling very good about this & the risk of being sprayed seems insignificant to us...but let's just say it's a good job we're not house-proud LOL

Now a jird is something I'd love to find over here...no luck finding breeders for years.

It explains how to link to videos on this thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-post-photos-video-3609/

Cheers, I'll take a look later :)

He's on his way home now! He's so friendly, all he wants is to play and have cuddles. I thought he'd curl up and go to sleep but he's just too excited. It's like having a puppy. He's already met a member of the public who was a big fan. He's likes the water melon I got him & his cuddly toy monkey.

He's not shown any signs of being upset at all, & the breeder says he hasn't sprayed yet. He's lovely!

My local pet shop sells them. Blossom is a sweetheart, she loves cuddles. I've never come across a cuddly rodent before.

They're on facebook, but I don't know how to share them here.

Skunks aren't rodents. Ooops, were you referring to jirds? Sorry.

I'm hoping to get a skunk. I've chosen a kit from a litter but sadly, mum ran out of milk so they are being hand-reared. It's touch & go for them, but I'm really routing for the fella! My OH is also very excited, which is nice. We're looking forward to seeing him play with my cat (all going well with their introduction, of course).

All our cupboards and the fridge will have to have child-locks, medicines and cleaning products will have to be placed out of reach, the cat flap will have to have a guard around it- it's like have a toddler!

I'm hoping to get the black & white one.

941854_650408661651697_1293830725_n.jpg

How exciting. Skunks are great animals. I had one growing up names Jasmine. She didn't have a cage she had a room but wondered the house with us. Living in Florida her favorite thing to do was sun bathe and catching insects.

I wish we could have them here but it's illegal I have been told. Which is a bummer because I hear they make really neat pets! So having to lock all your stuff up, is this like what we do to "ferret proof" our house and such?

Back
Top Bottom