get it or not?

chamzilla91

I saw tikitikireptiles has a ficus tree on their website for $25. It says that it has no pestisides or fertilizers. Soo would it be a good addition to my veileds 18x18x36 enclosure?

Personally I would never ship a ficus, especially a benjamina. They tend to drop leaves very easily, especially under stress. I'd say shipping a tree would be considered quite a stressor. Some of mine will drop leaves if I move them from one room to another. Home depot, lowes, or many garden shops have them.

Ya true. But I could have a problem with washin the tree, the case bein I live on a farm and the well water is bad(meaning the tap water is dangerous for even people) but I use store water for my cham and idk how it'd work too good washin the tree with that

Personally I would never ship a ficus, especially a benjamina. They tend to drop leaves very easily, especially under stress. I'd say shipping a tree would be considered quite a stressor. Some of mine will drop leaves if I move them from one room to another. Home depot, lowes, or many garden shops have them.

yeah I'm about ready to call it quits with ficus for this reason, I prefer Schefflera arboricola "Dwarf Umbrella Tree.", they hold up much better and IMO have better brances and leafs.

as for the water issue I would think you could use botteled water or wash them elsewhere

yeah ficus are too hard to care for. you could get one at lowes or home depot for under twenty. to clean your tree try putting soap and water in a spray bottle and washing down all the leaves. easiest way to clean IMO. i would recommend an umbrella too.

i keep hearing this i must have some funky plants cause i have the compleate opposite problem my fiscus's have doubled in size in like 2 weeks and my unbrellas are going fine but drop leaves like crazy just cause they r bored i think. LoL

I bought two from them and have had no problems- I was Scared too because I've had serious problems with Ficus in my Bonsai days and have always resented them as being too weak to handle my treatment. The ones I purchased actually shipped about a month ago (cold weather) and have been doing great!

The reason I ordered them from them is because of the soil and no additives. It can take a few weeks to get all the chemicals out of the leaves (so I've been advised) and I wanted trees ready to go.

I've also bought from LLL and Kammerflage creations in the past. Same satisfaction!

As antithesis said I like that they have no pesticides or fetilizers and are "ready to go". I don't know how long the tree will last though because my veiled just inhales plant leaves. I've had to take out fake foliage because she would actually bite the leaves and rip parts of them off and eat them!!!! What a silly girl lol

my male veiled eats ficus tree leafs. he won't eat anything else just the ficus leafs. I am thinking of going to umbrella for him. my panther has 2 umbrella tree's. my veil has a small umbrella tree and for some reason he won't eat the leafs. i even offer him other greens and he refuses to eat them. i agree that ficus tree's loose thier leafs all the time.

My veiled loooves fruits and veggies. Shell see me open her cage holding whatever I'm gunna give her and she runs up to the vine by the door. She's so cute:)

I've had a male before. He was pretty mellow most of the time but both male and females that I've had can have their bad days lol. Actually my female seems to be a little bit more aggressive than the male. I guess it just depends on the chameleons unique personality

I say go for it, either way you'd be taking a risk. I bought Hughs' ficus at LLL and it's doing great. I didn't have to worry about repotting or cleaning the tree, it was ready to go. It has grown quite a bit and is as bushy as ever. Does have flimsy branches but I have noticed my Hugh doesn't use it and uses his vines instead. :D

Ficus

Ficus's in my opinion are not good plants for chameleons. they cause eye problems because of the irritating sap on the leafs, so my chameleons rub that hell out of their eyes and it causes problems

Back
Top Bottom