gender question

calliechem

the pet store neglected to tell me the gender of my Chameleon & I didn't know if the care is different on a boy rather than a girl.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 101
So you have a veiled cham. If you look at the back of the hind feet there will be little nubs on the back if you have a male. No nubs and it's a female. Can you post a pic of the backs of its hind feet?

So you have a veiled cham. If you look at the back of the hind feet there will be little nubs on the back if you have a male. No nubs and it's a female. Can you post a pic of the backs of its hind feet?

You know, we need a sticky at the top of the identification forum so we can refer people there to good pictures of male and female veileds at many different ages.

How many times are we asked this question? It has to be one of the most asked question. We all talk about little nubs when it would be so easy to have a series of pictures of male and females from a month old and older, showing not just the spurs on the male and the smooth female, but a bit of the chameleon so it is obvious what is being shown. Then if someone has an itty bitty baby and isn't sure, at least they would know what to get a clear photo of.

Does anyone have a group of baby veileds that they could photograph and send to "someone" at Chameleon Forums to do it?

from the look of your cham's foot here i believe it may be a chamette (girl) but the angle may be deceiving and needs to be physically examined. I am saying that the picture can not show the gender so far.

I am not sure where you live, but unless it is a desert or you have naturally dry air I would recommend a reptibreeze or some kind of screen tank. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LIL BABY CHAM :D

You know, we need a sticky at the top of the identification forum so we can refer people there to good pictures of male and female veileds at many different ages.

How many times are we asked this question? It has to be one of the most asked question. We all talk about little nubs when it would be so easy to have a series of pictures of male and females from a month old and older, showing not just the spurs on the male and the smooth female, but a bit of the chameleon so it is obvious what is being shown. Then if someone has an itty bitty baby and isn't sure, at least they would know what to get a clear photo of.

Does anyone have a group of baby veileds that they could photograph and send to "someone" at Chameleon Forums to do it?

I think that is a great idea. It's hard explaining what you're talking about when they have no clue. Very clear definitive pictures explaining exactly what we're talking about would be a huge help. Maybe have pictures for the different types of chameleons too.

I totally agree. We should start a thread where people post their pictures of chameleons, both male and female, throughout their life. Then we chose the best of all of them as examples for learning and identifying

That "dot" is called Spur,and the veiled male has the spur since they were hatched,sometimes will look underdeveloped,but as they get older,it becomes more noticeable,so now u can tell if urs is a male or female now @calliechem:)

Back
Top Bottom