Frustrated...

raven1139

Established Member
I browse this forum daily and see countless problems arise due to Basic Husbandry errors (Supplements/temperature/enclosures etc). It is painful/frustrating to see these amazing animals suffer. The vet bills and time spent could easily be avoided. The correct info is listed on this site!! Please do some basic research before acquisition!!

Yes, it is very sad and heartbreaking the needless suffering we see on here which could easily be avoided if people would do their research first before purchasing. Many people are steered wrong by pet shops, and as I have some sympathy for them being given the wrong information, I also question why one would not search the internet to verify the info they are given. I am a big researcher on anything I buy, so for me it just does not make sense with all the information that is out there on the internet to educate yourself as much as possible.

Welcome to the internet! [emoji1]

Everyone gets frustrated about the same issues - I think "You've got to be freaking kidding me" on almost a daily basis... But I try to remember that MOST people who come here want to do the right thing for their chams, even if they were misinformed or totally uninformed before finding the forum. Dumb, ignorant, or stupid, if they honestly want help, I will try to help them.

I feel very lucky to have found CF before I got my Jax, but honestly, I stumbled upon it accidentally. I could have very easily done tons of research and still got it all wrong because of the loads of bad information and terrible pet store advice.

A better life for one cham at a time.

I do take short breaks from the husbandry forums when I find myself getting overly frustrated. Start a silly thread in the lizard lounge, and I promise to contribute to the hilarity.

Soooo Confusing!!

Im a new cham owner only had my panther 3 months and its hard I looked up lots before and even more since but even on here people tell you different things hard to picks whats best for you and the cham. ive changed many things over that time and found what works best for us :) he's put on 11g in 11 days so I cant be going far wrong, right? :D

Research is the only way, I think there are plenty impulse purchases made with chams and people have no clue? I got the correct advice from the breeder as well as the correct setup from him. If not for that I may have been in a similar position to alot of the new owners here. I too get so frustrated sometimes but help and support is all we really can do. Sounds as though a lot of the commercial companies just don't have a clue. Sad isn't it.

Iv only had my cham(Spikey) for almost 6 months now and have never had a problem. I have scowered this forum and it has helped a lot. If people would only take the time out of their busy life and hit the search button it would help them out. but instead they wait till they have a sick cham and then ask for help. come on people take the time to do it right the first time. i have over 40 animals that i take care of everyday. over 60 percent of my animals are reptiles. it only takes a little search on the web and you can find all the info you will need. if you think it wrong info then hit up a forum and do a search or ask questions. god some people.

Back
Top Bottom