Fruit Flies All Over

adamb94

I have noticed alot of fruit flies (or what I believe to be fruit flies) all over the room and cage.
Does anyone know why they are everywhere all of a sudden?
Or how to prevent them?

Sometimes they come with the soil you buy. :eek: You can re-pot your pot and re-soil it and they will be gone for a good wile.

-Clemonde

That is where I got my fruit flies from. Then I switched to the expensive one I think it was $8 for a little tiny bag and they never showed up again.

-Clemonde

hmm i'll have to shop around..going to be hard during the off season for seasonal items at hardware stores.

get a small dish, put vinegar, a little water and about 2-3 drops dish soap. put it next to the cage (not in it). kills the fruitflies off great. they love the vinegar, but the soap kills them. i use this for my garden too :)

get a small dish, put vinegar, a little water and about 2-3 drops dish soap. put it next to the cage (not in it). kills the fruitflies off great. they love the vinegar, but the soap kills them. i use this for my garden too :)

hey i thought you can only attract flies with honey and not vinegar ;)
thats a good idea though, ive been getting some fruit flies in my toads tank so ill give it a try :)

i doubt it. I believe they are not fruit flies.
I think they are either phorid flies or gnats.

Back
Top Bottom