Friendly George

Psychodrake

I think I'm lucky or something. He hasn't really attested to my handling of him ever since I got him, and today while I was feeding him a butterworm, he rapidly climbed onto my hand and I had absolutely no say in it, so I had him out for 5 minutes (And fed him some delicious calci-worms). Got a little video of him on my knee. It was quite amusing, he was being insanely cautious when he transitioned from my hand to my knee, I presume it's because he's never been on my knee before. He's only ever flared once a week after I got him because I accidentally spooked him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M51P_6lujOs

My old senegal was this friendly which is surprising. I'm glad he isn't a grouch though he still has time to gain some territorial behaviour. That little bit of shedded skin on his back is driving me insane.

Still not sure on his age sadly. Anywhere between 4-6 months is my best guess. He's growing very fast and shedding about every 1-2 weeks.

George looks like a sweet boy. All my chams are friendly. Get use to the shed. My guys have some shed on them somewhere about all the time. My guess would be about 6 months for his age.

He's a cutie and he looks really well!
Seems from the video he's really comfortable with you - it's a real blessing when you have a friendly cham - my Dolly would 'ask' to come out of her viv and we'd sit and watch tv lol

His adult cage is on the way too. Drainage wise, I ended up having to use holes in the bottom just because there was absolutely no other way, we looked everywhere for a decent tray to use and nowhere had a good size. I've put up lots of horizontal climbing platforms for him and just need to go and get a nice sized Scheflerra or two to finish up!

img0162tglq.jpg

img0166wx.jpg

He'll have lots of space to climb around and explore, should be great for him!

EDIT: Funny, I post this then my dad walks in with a proper drain. Time for some more drilling and getting this in, then draining should be a breeze!

Heres a photo of him outside earlier on. I love this picture, he's just too adorable.

img0152cy.jpg

Large version:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7940/img0152ny.jpg

Nice picture of George. He's one gorgeous boy. He's gonna love that new cage when he's not out with you. :)

i swear i saw some purple hues in that video of him:eek:
im super envious ive really wanted to get a panther lately

George has officially moved into his adult enclosure. Now he needs his privacy to acclimatise.

Went plant hunting and found a gorgeous Scheflerra with a really nicely twisted stem. It was gonna be bought if I had a Chameleon or not because it just looked so nice. Such expensive plants though unless you buy the bulk ones they stock at places like B&Q. Hopefully the Devil's Ivy will curl upwards over time.

George is currently sat taking all this movement in. He's gone a bit dark but took two calci-worms from my fingers. He acclimatised incredibly quickly to his old viv so hopefully this will be the same, he has tons more privacy and space.

He has a whole world to explore now compared to his old viv... Going to use the vines from the old one and set up a climbing area/free range in my bedroom (Also have a spare 75 watt bulb and 18" UV). I'll do that in a few weeks though when he's used to his new homey home. Next is the mistking which should be here in a few weeks.

img0170f.jpg

img0172xu.jpg

img0174pd.jpg

img0176yu.jpg

Cleaning this one outs going to be the biggest nightmare. If Jann sees this, how often do you clean out Padre's enclosure and how do you go about doing it? I'll just have to hope he finds a good poo spot!

I do light clean daily such as picking up leaves and so forth. I clean up poop as soon as it falls or as soon as I see it. We wipe the floors as needed. I air out the room several times a week for several hours and every 2 to 3 months take everything out and do a good cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom