Free Range/ Outdoor Playground

Absolutely obsessed with making things right now since I can finally work outside now that the weather has begun to warm up. I went for a walk down to the beach the other day and picked up a bunch of drift wood. I got quite a few stares walking away with pieces of wood that were nearly the same size as me. But it was an incredibly successful day because I was thrilled with the loot I returned home with. Anyways, this is what I made for Gizmo! Naboo's playground will come soon, just need to find smaller branches :D

IMG_1953_zps8e4b2dda.jpg

This middle branch was covered in bark, so I carved it down and made it into this brilliant piece!
IMG_1954_zpse6d4246e.jpg

im hoping to make something like this.how did you fix it to the base?
would look great with some plants hanging from it.:)

im hoping to make something like this.how did you fix it to the base?
would look great with some plants hanging from it.:)
Has to be very firm wood in order to drill with the grain and not split it. So that is essentially what I did, however I also used 1" rings with the screws so there is no wobble or chance the screw will loosen.

I would put if on a table or something so it is not so low to the ground,
I just had it on the ground to take a photo of it, no worries carol! The entire structure is actually 4' tall though so when he is at the top he isn't so low to the ground. I put it on top of a 2' high bedside table so the top is 6' high when he is outside. As for the inside it is placed on top of a dresser in front of a 5' high window :)

Back
Top Bottom