fractured arm

BLACKSTAR

took one of my veilds to a good vet, for an arm injury, from the cage being knocked over. poor guy! they took xrays, and said there is a fracture, so he is in a small cage with no climbing now, the doctor said he must stay here for a week or so. The Dr. also gave him a shot of calcium, and some other meds, anyone had success stories with fractured arms?

not succes yet but getting there , 2 weeks ago my young female veiled fell off my arm when i was putting her back into her clean cage and hit my floor and at first i thought she broke her back but when i took her to the vet it was both her back legs, and its two weeks later and she is finally gaining some movement and starting to climb little by little , but still eating and drinking, so hopefully all is well ,

Poor little things :( Thanks for posting about this, I never really considered that I would need a small viv just in case, but i will definitely be purchasing one in the new year.

I hope your little green friends are soon better and climbing again. :)

I took in a rescue adult veiled who came to me with a broken leg. The vet said it was recent, but he couldn't be sure just how recent. Any way he immobilize it and it healed. The cham got around with no problem but you could always see where the break had been.

Colin's X-ray...

71622_171429302872069_100000150017800_638642_4903911_n.jpg

So yeah, I have experience of fractures! - He has fractures in all 4 limbs (only the clearest ones are circled) as well as rib fractures. He has permanently wonky legs (several elbows on each!) but he gets around fine now - they aren't completely healed, he's only just recently started holding his body up on his legs rather than resting it on a branch, but it doesn't stop him getting around - he uses his tail quite a lot for stability but other than that, he's fairly normal!

Wonky legs:

155671_177961812218818_100000150017800_683551_42833_n.jpg

i had a terrible mishap three weeks ago. my veiled (lotus) escaped while i was at work. i came home to blood all over the floor and no veiled in his cage and then my dogs greeted me!!! i was like omg please no!! i forgot to put the dogs up before i left. so now im frantic and was for sure one of them killed or ate him. i combed every room and finally just about gave up looking. in the bedroom i have a small toy chest for my daughter. behind it against the wall on the floor was lotus!!!!!! he had a round puncture wound about 1/2 diameter all the way through his body and a broken rear leg. i wanted to rage so bad but it was my fault. was not the dogs fault. i was so mad my vision started blurring. i thought to myself i had spent all this time rehabbing this poor guy and now i kill him. we are about to start the fourth week. his wound is almost healed and he is lifting his leg up and over branches now. he was dragging it over them. his appetite has completely fallen off but hopefully he will regain it. veileds are amazingly tough!

i had a terrible mishap three weeks ago. my veiled (lotus) escaped while i was at work. i came home to blood all over the floor and no veiled in his cage and then my dogs greeted me!!! i was like omg please no!! i forgot to put the dogs up before i left. so now im frantic and was for sure one of them killed or ate him. i combed every room and finally just about gave up looking. in my room i have a small toy chest for my daughter. behind it against the wall on the floor was lotus!!!!!! he had a round puncture wound about 1/2 diameter all the way through his body and a broken rear leg. i wanted to rage so bad but it was my fault. was not the dogs fault. i was so mad my vision started blurring. i thought to myself i had spent all this time rehabbing this poor guy and now i kill him. we are about to start the fourth week. his wound is almost healed and he is lifting his leg up and over branches now. he was dragging it over them. his appetite has completely fallen off but hopefully he will regain it. veileds are amazingly tough!

OMG! I would have completely freaked too! It is amazing he survived. Glad he is on the mend!

thanks for all the replies guys, your story gave me hope! i dont expect him to be normal again, but i hope he can climb well, he lives a luxury life anyway, he is lazy, so not to worried, just want the fracture to heal!

Back
Top Bottom