Two sorts of normal flies
Two-three sorts of Drosophila
Acyrthosiphon pisum
Diuraphis spec.
Two sorts of locusts
Thermobia domestica
"bean-bugs" ? Bruchus spec ?
Caterpillars and other stuff from the meadows and the garden

Amy has silkies (arrived today), Phoenix worms, crix and locusts with waxworms and newly shed mealies as treats. When she's big enough she will be offered supers too.

yea I feed mine crickets mealworms, wax worms, hydei flys, phoenix worms, and I'll order more stuff online and keep my cham guessin.

I'd say my average so far has been 2 varieties but recently the only thing that could be concidered a staple that my guy will eat regularly is Locusts. My mum would never forgive me if I got cockroaches so are a bit stuck on them as he wont eat any crickets at the moment.

I have some wax worms but don't want to give him more than 1 a day on average.

I have 250g of Morio(Super) Worms arriving next week and a colony of House Flies (they claim to be flightless but not sure how true this will actually be). If he likes them I'm going to try and culture them.

I have a panther and meller and feed them store bought crickets, wild caught crickets both gutloaded and superworms. I also catch butterflies and moths. Would like to offer more variety that I am researching on how to raise, butterworms and silkworms.

Been a bit of expansion with food.

black crickets
locusts
morio/super worms
giant meal worms
wax worms
stick insects

I asked for some stick insects in my local exotic pet shop yesterday and the lady said she had 100s and she would just give them to me instead of charging for them... Good service.

That's my current food list and I've got some 'curly wing flies' on order and there was something about getting a free sample of Fruit Beatle Larvi.

My guy's hardly eaten anything for the last few weeks though and I don't think he likes Black Crickets .

Lol, I've been ebaying and bought 6 different species of stick insects today. Most are eggs but some are live. No idea how successful they will be at hatching and breeding but but my chameleon seemed to enjoy the last set.

Some of the ones I bought are far too interesting looking to be used as food.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....84647&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2526wt_1071
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....180079&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1088

Haven't found Katydid's available in the UK for a sensible price yet and don't know enough about breeding them to spend real money on them.

has anyone tried cabbage butterflies and their caterpillars??

Yup. They love them. Just be careful with the butterflies, they need to be from a safe place. Butterflies are not as persistent to pesticides like crix and grasshoppers are. Grasshoppers will bioaccumulate pesticides but most butterflies will just die. I don't use wild grasshoppers anymore after my first cham died.

I've recently found that my veiled not only enjoys the occasional piece of strawberry or grape but also likes blueberries!

Dyesub Dave. :D

Picasso is only 3.5 months old, and I have only been offering him 1/4" crickets. I just gave him a few waxworms today but thats about it. Im not sure if he ate them because i haven't checked on him.

When should i start giving variety? And what is a good sized variety insect i could feed him now? he is about the size of a 4.5 month old and he's 3.5 months old .

Hornworms, Silkworms, Superworms, Superworm Beetles, Hissing Roaches, Dubia Roaches, Snails,Crickets, Green Katidids, Brown Katidids, Locusts, Grasshoppers, Giant Green Grasshoppers, Pillbugs (montana species go nuts for these), Stick Insects, Summer Moths, Chinese Mantisis (after they have dropped their egg sacks and are dying off from the cold), Flies, Wax Worms, and occasionally small lizards.

Found most of the exotic stuff out on the families old ranch during the summer. Giant Green hoppers (males were about 2 and 1/4 inches females were 4 inches) I had a wild colony going for about five years and was awesome. I never captive bred them though and if I find another batch I'm going to start up a colony.

Hornworms you can find at Mulberry Farms.

Back
Top Bottom