Votes: 303 32.2%
  • 3 different feeders

Votes: 335 35.6%
  • 4 different feeders

Votes: 106 11.3%
  • 5+ different feeders

Votes: 94 10.0%

• Total voters
I was wondering if anyone has tried phoenix worms and how did your cham take to them?

My Jacksons like them a lot, but the ones that I have been able to get so far, are kind of small...

Incidentally my chameleons will eat almost anything moving, that they can fit in their mouth, if I spray it with that garlic spray first...

My recent experience, and anecodotal, says go right ahead. And if you can send some to me as well, contact, please. Thank you.

I've got an abundance of brown anole lizards in my yard. As they are not native and are invasive, I would have no qualms feeding some off.
Should I feed a small one to my 9" veiled? It seem they would be an excellent
source of protein and calcium.
Dave

so heres the scoopcorect if im wrong

ok so heres the scoop
gut loaded crickets every day
then switching off
meal worms
superworms
silkies
wax worms
butterworms
with roaches and horned worms on the way
(yes they r spoiled)
and with the nice weather they go out side about 4 hours a day under supervision ofcourse i read they bask and they have their cage cleaned every other day wow wish i was my chameleons

my chams eats:

roach
: Blaptica dubia
: Shefordella tartara/Shelfordella lateralis
: Schultesia lampyridiformis
: Panchlora nivea
: Oxyhaloa deusta
: Phoetalia pallida
: Schultesia lampiridiformis
: Gyna lurida

crickets
: Gryllus bimaculatus
: Gryllodes sigillatus
: Phaeophilacris bredoides

Flies
: Drosophila melanogaster
: Drosophila buzzatii
: Drosophila mulleri
: Drosophila hydei
: Musca domestica
:

others
: Thermobius domestica
: Zophobas moori
: Galleria mellonella
: Acyrthosiphon pisum(sometimes)
: Myzus persicae

and last but not least vildcaught insects

i use 3 types

i feed him locust,brown crickets and blue bottle flies..every day he has at least 5-10 blue bottle flies a few medium sized locust.My guy east like a pig

2890421299_4b6a76f5cc_o.jpg

Heika - "There is no way to keep these little bugs from invading even the cages, and I have seen some of the chameleons shoot one.. and then promptly spit it back out."

My family used to live in Washington and we would always see the box elder bugs everywhere. These little buggers would often make their way into the house so we could enjoy there lovely stink from up close. Anywho, my little sister was playing on the living room floor when she spotted one of the bugs. Being a baby it went immediately into her mouth. I can still picture that nasty little things' legs squirming out from her lips and the sour look on her face. She spit it out in a manner that I'm sure was close to your chameleon's. Gotta love innocent curiosity :p.

I have tried and am still trying(I can't believe they are still alive to try!!) about everything!! My Fred just isn't interested in any worm type feeders, ONLY likes crickets so far!! (and flies) I'm not giving up yet!! I really hate crickets!! EEWWHH;)

okay, I need a place that sell both hornworms and Fruit flies. My Frogs love them but they have to be like, itty bitty horns and most places dont let you choose size.

Edit: I went ahead and ordered from Mulberry farms but they dont have fruit flies..

Last edited:
My guys weekly feeders are crickets, horns, silks, butters + they chomp on their plants. I add wax occasionally and supers but not on a weekly basis.

crickets
phoenix worms
hornedw orms
superworms (he goes crazy for these)
roaches
I have silk worms and butter worms en route

Crickets and phoenix worms as staple foods with an added waxworm, mini-mealworm or house fly as a treat (once per week).
The little guy did not like silkworms.
I ordered some butterworms and hornworms to try out as supplemental feeders.
The superworms available around here are too big for him just yet.

Crickets are the staple, with usually waxworms or butterworms offered, and on occasion for my female, horn worms. (She's big enough)

Meats:

-Silk Worms
-Crickets
-Phnx Worms
-Butter Worms
-Horn Worms
-Blue Bottle Flys

Fruits/Veggies:

-Strawberries

What age should I start giving waxworms to my veiled chameleon? Right now she loves mealworms and crickets and she is about 1 month and a half maybe even 2 but she's really small and fat LOL please help

flies
mealworms
crickets
roaches
stick insects
moths
grasshoppers (if I can find them)
occasional caterpillar
A pinkmouse once (curiosity)

Back
Top Bottom