Flooring in the cage....can it work???

it would work but u have to clean it alot. I just use white paper towels. Just pick it up and throw it out and replace.

I personally wouldn't use the flooring. I had one when I first started and it became a big hassle to keep clean. I would either go with the paper towels, as mentioned before, or don't use anything at all. Plus the flooring can get caught on your chams nails. I ultimately ditched the flooring and left the cage bottom empty. It was much easier to keep clean on a day to day basis, especially with a drainage at the bottom.

why?
it's more work, more money to spend, and more chance for your chameleon to get sick from bacteria infestation and get stressed from you disturbing the cage and having to clean the carpet everyday.

What kind of cage are you using? You really dont need that, just get something hard/smooth thats easy to clean. Just assume your cham will never in his life set foot on the floor. He doesn't need the luxury :)

when i first started i was told to use repti bark, and i did then i found some forums and learned that i as wrong. so i switched to paper towels and then i just used nothing. i had my cham in a 38 gal glass tank for the frist two months i had him befor i got his tall screen cage. i think you should just use paper towls. it will be easier to clean everyday. and my cham goes on the bottom of his cage all the time so you cant assume that untill you know your cham. just make sure there is nothing that can harm him when you put things down there. most wont go down there but i have a very restless cham who is always running around and playing climb the tree.

Back
Top Bottom