Flapnecks, Who's got some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davider

Avid Member
Hey everybody, post some of the flapnecks you have! Even if you have any for sale let me know..
Thanks in advance.

David

Flapnecks

I'd post some pics., but there all on my computer at work. I know alot of flaps came into the country in the last month, so they should be plentyful, and cheap for now. But try to look for captives, to avoid the normal issues with wild caughts. They have alot of personality for a smaller chameleon.

I cant believe they are taking the flap necks here it should be illegal.
People here havent seen them for years due to country developement with buildings etc, but atleast in the bush you know they are still there but now Foreigners are taking all of our chams.
I havent seen one in over 6 years but maybe this year I will, going to Knysna.

These are Ch. d. dilepis from Tanzania in the US....usually. I can't recall hearing of any chams from South Africa in the US since the '90s unless they were multi-generation captives.

David, I have a spare male captive hatched from FLChams I'm considering selling. They'd be around 6 months old now, I guess.
DSCF7525.jpg

Chameleonneeds: It's a shame the human population is driving chameleons out of their natural habitat in South Africa. It's an area I want to visit as I have a growing interest in the Bradypodion species located there. In the meantime, I would love to see some pictures of wild chameleons in South Africa - do you have any photos?

Kent: Did you notice that the tarsal spurs on the males were present as babies, or did they grow in later?

Never ask me for pics!

Female Chamaeleo dilepis dilepis. She's been receptive of late and has a date with a handsome male next weekend. :D

DSC_009220080906.jpg

DSC_000520080915.jpg

Captive bred specimens are worth the wait.
Cheers,
t

I dont have any pics.
I was in the Cape just recently and found alot of Cape dwarfs, males females, newborns and some old ones.
But I didnt have a camera there.
But this year I will be down in Knysna so I can get some pics of the Knysna dwarf cham and possibly wc flapnecks because I hear there are still alot of them therr.
I would think so because there are big forests their.
And I will be on a island sorounded by a huge lagoon, and the forests are on the island so wish me luck.
But definetly will have pics of lizards and snakes.

Yeah its gona be awsome!
Will be up ealy everyday to bust reptiles basking with their bright colours, and I heard if you take a torch at night and shine it around where you are looking the flap necks give off a luminese bright green.

Sorry Davider, sorta raining in on your post.

Kent: Did you notice that the tarsal spurs on the males were present as babies, or did they grow in later?

They were approximately 1 month old when I received them and the tarsal spurs were evident then.

They were approximately 1 month old when I received them and the tarsal spurs were evident then.

Hmmm. That's what I thought.
I think I've spoken to you privately about this Kent, but the male clutchmates of my female dilepis dilepis, which weren't raised by me, were easily sexed right out of the egg (visible hemipenal bulge, etc.) but only at about 6 months of age, developed the telltale tarsal spurs. Brandy and I are still looking for an explanation as neither of us as experienced or heard of that in any species. Anyone?

Cheers,
t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom