Fl Chams

Lindseyblake77

Hey guys...New to this forum. Had a question about FL Chams, I offered to come to their location and pick up a chameleon because I really didn't want to have to have the cutie shipped, they flat out said no...local pick up is not an option.
Why would this be? If local pick up was an option from purchaser I do not understand why the stress of shipping is a better option? I live just across the coast and would have no problem driving the 2 hours. Just made me a little suspicious ....... thoughts?

I'm not sure, but I do not recall coming across anything disparaging about them. It may be something as simple as if they are breeding out of their home, they don't want strangers scoping them out. Number one reason I have never posted anything for sale on CL.
It could be they are making something on shipping costs. You could ask. If they are, offer to pay the extra.
Maybe they would be willing to meet?

I get it.
And like I said, I don't know their reasons. Long ago I accepted the the old saying " I won't tell how you to run your business, and don't you try to tell me how to run mine". if you're not comfortable with their practices, you can always go elsewhere.
That said, as soon as they put the dudes in a box and close it, they go to sleep. it's kind of like riding out a crazy storm overnight for them. they're quite hardy and take shipping well. every time one shows up and I open the box, they are fine. climb right out and are ready to get on with their new lives.:)

Based on reading the above threads that @AmandaS posted.... there are many people that would not buy from them again, and yet some people with no issues at all. I would go with a breeder that you can absolutely trust. @Randers88 has chams for sales @salty dog, and kammerflage creations is another breeder.
Don’t forget @Dridrop12 with iPardalis! I personally wouldn’t buy from FL Chams. I’d go with a breeder who puts health as their first concern, not color or profit. Someone who only produces healthy, happy chams with clear lines (no inbreeding/line-breeding) and good genetics, and is there to support you whenever it’s needed!

I purchased my veiled chameleon from them and had no issues but other members around the same time had issues with theirs. I got my panther from a breeder I was able to find close to me and he let me check out the set ups and rest of the chameleons. So definitely go with a breeder closer to you(its worth the drive if its not close) or definitely buy from a breeder on here. They are all well raised

Edit: I was mistaken, my dude got his @framschams NOT FLchams so from the looks of the previous posts/threads I wouldn't reccomend buying from them. My guy came from LLL and I know they are reputable! 👌😁

Back
Top Bottom