FL Chams scamming people

Metaliciousmetal

Good day everyone, my name is Colton Murray. I bought a 150.00 baby veild chaneleon from them and then I get this little adorable baby that I was expecting to have a baby from the Sire Driskel. He starts growning and after he is 6 and a hlf months old Im like why is he always brown and never showing turquoise and bright orange like his dad. So I message once and get no response and then again and am extremely polite to them and say he is it normal after 5 momths that hes not showing any colors and they said give him time. Still brown and is a tiny chameleon. Payed 150.00 for a 25.00 brown vield. Crushed me to know i was taken for a ride. I did research and found Im not the only one. So I want everyone to know these people do this to there customers. Mabey at one point they didnt do this or only part of the time, but either way like wtf honestly wtf. I still love Yoda even though. I bought Sergio thats in my profile pic for 45$ and he was 17" and absolutely gorgeous. I was expecting Yoda to show colors like the Sire driskel a little and never. Always brown

Attachments

• 20190927_185548.jpg
    20190927_185548.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 303
Good day everyone, my name is Colton Murray. I bought a 150.00 baby veild chaneleon from them and then I get this little adorable baby that I was expecting to have a baby from the Sire Driskel. He starts growning and after he is 6 and a hlf months old Im like why is he always brown and never showing turquoise and bright orange like his dad. So I message once and get no response and then again and am extremely polite to them and say he is it normal after 5 momths that hes not showing any colors and they said give him time. Still brown and is a tiny chameleon. Payed 150.00 for a 25.00 brown vield. Crushed me to know i was taken for a ride. I did research and found Im not the only one. So I want everyone to know these people do this to there customers. Mabey at one point they didnt do this or only part of the time, but either way like wtf honestly wtf. I still love Yoda even though. I bought Sergio thats in my profile pic for 45$ and he was 17" and absolutely gorgeous. I was expecting Yoda to show colors like the Sire driskel a little and never. Always brown
Hey bud, Did you buy the Cham with a guarantee that it would have orange and turquoise, like his father; or did you buy it with a guarantee that Driskel was his father? I have a hard time believing any breeder with a modicum of intelligence would guarantee a particular colour, but instead will guarantee the bloodlines whence the chameleon came. In which case, it is rotten luck that your Cham isn’t living up to your expectations, but not the breeder’s fault.

I agree give him more time...the darker colors usually indicate heat absorption so you may want to check your temps if he’s brown or dark all the time. I also bought my Cham from FL chams. His sire was from the Spike line, having high blue and yellow. Guess what, no blue yet lol and he’s 9 months. I knew it would be a gamble because genetics can vary but I still love my little guy none the less. :)

My boy Zaphod was not very colorful for a long time. He would show an occasional pop of color here and there, but not much when younger. Mostly stayed pale green. Then as he got older...

Give it more time and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sounds to me like you just don't have much of an understanding of genetics. You pick chameleons from a certain sire for a higher possibility that your chameleon will turn out somewhat similar to the sire. It is in no way guaranteed and you were absoutely not scammed. That is just plain offensive to FLChams. It is not their fault you didn't understand what you were getting into.

I got my first chameleon from their Newton line and he turned out absolutely nothing like his sire. It's a roll of the dice. It isn't anyone's fault.

Sounds to me like you just don't have much of an understanding of genetics. You pick chameleons from a certain sire for a higher possibility that your chameleon will turn out somewhat similar to the sire. It is in no way guaranteed and you were absoutely not scammed. That is just plain offensive to FLChams. It is not their fault you didn't understand what you were getting into.

I got my first chameleon from their Newton line and he turned out absolutely nothing like his sire. It's a roll of the dice. It isn't anyone's fault.
Another barracuda answer, but I agree 100%!

I bought my Cham from FL Chams as well he is not quite 6 months old now I figured it would be a gamble (like other have stated) mine is supposedly from the “Naval” bloodline. He does show some hint of orange at times but mostly looks like the average veiled you see in most pictures. Only time will tell. My biggest concern is FL Chams say they are based in Florida but my chameleon came from a Pennsylvania address. Kinda makes me think that something weird is going on as well. Their customer service was not very good but in the end everything happened as it was supposed to. All in all I have a healthy “grumpy” chameleon and I love him all the same.
2DAF419F-244D-4FEB-A7E7-84EA81BDD58B.jpeg
496DD296-3C6E-4529-B8D4-FAD57F8FAF0D.jpeg

I would recommend getting a panther!! They are super colorful!! Not sure about fl chams myself, never got anything from them, but they have been around a hell of a long time, and produce some beautiful chams..fyi before you go bashing some people's good friends, make sure you know what you are talking about, natural variation occurs..... in every animal....are you an exact replica of your mom or dad??? Also chams develop color with age

Last edited:
My Cham is from the Driskel blood line. He only showed adult colors after 9 months old and very slightly. By 1 year, he had full colors. It's never a guarantee they will look identical to the father. The mothers genes have a good influence too.

Driskel if I remember correctly, has a lot of yellow and blues. My Cham has a lot of green along with the yellows and blues. Give it time. He will grow out into his adult colors.

Fyi, in most cases dull colors mean he's relaxed. Bright is usually a stress response.

IMG_20190908_111436.jpg
IMG_20190703_155011.jpg

Sounds like a scam

So why don't you breed acouple veileds that produce males that are 100% identical to the sire?

There is no scam. You are buying a veiled that has a high chance of growing with similar traits to the sire. Unfortunately you are also mixing in the mothers genetics so you may see traits from the mothers sire as well.

The thing with this post is that his veiled is around 6 months old and most likely will not show any adult colors for a few more months. All veiled look brown and muddy around this stage in life. The OP needs to give his veiled time and have patience.

You can't be scammed for buying a chameleon that you got. I bought a male Ambanja Panther chameleon at 5 months old before it had any colors other than, pale, black, and green. Today he's blue, teal, red, and yellow. Did I have an idea of what he could turn out like. Sure I saw pictures of grandsire, uncle, and sire. But they were all a mix bag themselves. My 2¢

Back
Top Bottom