First successful free range bioactive egg laying

That’s so awesome! Great job Bella and Sonny! Does she live full time in that open free range tree?
Thanks. She does live full time in her free range tree in the living room with us. Now for already 8 months, 3 sheds and 2 clutches. In principal she stays in her tree all the time, exact during her receptive phase. Then she comes out it and explores every inch of the living room and kitchen. Personally the best choice I ever made, love the interaction with her (and yes she still behaves like a Veiled, she decides about the boundaries. She will come near you, but you’re not aloud to come near her😂)

That look 2 days after a successful laying proces, proud of you my little girl 💪🏻
Still wrinkled.....but strong!
(Her look after seeing more yummy yummy)

6976A16D-F754-4EEA-9F08-F2761F651E99.jpeg

With a cat would be pretty difficult 😔 I bet that the cat would eventually live in that tree 😅😅.
That’s of course the downside, it can only be done with right circumstances and that’s the problem for most of us.
I have 2 cats(1 17lb Savannah too) and I've free ranged for 5 years now. The key is to have a separate room though lol. During the day the door is open a lot, the cats don't bother them, but it's only when I'm around. I wouldn't leave them alone with the chams obviously

Nice sonny! Didn't read this whole thread, but I used to just leave the eggs in there for my CuC(infertile).
Thanks ✌🏻. First time I dug them up to count, but still left them in there for the CuC and now I trust her, haven’t change anything to the husbandry, feeding or temps. Therefore left the hole for what it was and seeing her skinny, wrinkled body, I don’t believe she’s retaining eggs.

Back
Top Bottom