First successful free range bioactive egg laying

Big big girl just finished her 8th clutch. No big issue, except a small behavioral change with the other 7 times. Normally she has her receptive phase where she leaves the free range for several days, in search for a male (which she did again). Then 3-4 weeks she slows down (probably developing the eggs) and then again she leaves the free range again in search for the perfect laying spot. This time this last phase she didn't search for a laying spot. She did had all other symptoms prior to the laying, less appetite and getting the gular edema. The last week, once edema came, we covered the lower part and 2 days before digging, she was checking bottom. The laying was as usual, during the morning she starts digging and stays in the hole for sleeping (always butt down) then next day covering up and camouflaging.

Here she's again, proud mommy :love:

1b99598b-aea5-47ef-bc30-de1d91a4b1ce.jpeg

The laying spot

257d9d5e-439f-4953-8f39-38c15f9d3499.jpeg

Great job, beautiful momma Bella! Give her some extra yummies from me. 💗 I guess she’s learned that is the best spot to lay her precious eggs and doesn’t need to keep searching.

Great job, beautiful momma Bella! Give her some extra yummies from me. 💗 I guess she’s learned that is the best spot to lay her precious eggs and doesn’t need to keep searching.
She’s happy again with some tasty yummies in her belly. Hopefully this is the case and she proceeds this way another 100 clutches (hopefully not for her)

Poor Bella, as we speak she sits butt down in her hole for the 9th time. But this looks so darn cute, her eyes are just above ground level observing everything. Once again she has 20” of soil but she doesn’t dig that deep. Again 4 months and 10 days in between.

(Picture is taking without seeing me)

IMG_0243.jpeg

Poor Bella, as we speak she sits butt down in her hole for the 9th time. But this looks so darn cute, her eyes are just above ground level observing everything. Once again she has 20” of soil but she doesn’t dig that deep. Again 4 months and 10 days in between.

(Picture is taking without seeing me)

View attachment 353379
Sweet Bella. Good little momma takes care with her precious eggs. 💗

Back
Top Bottom