Finally

boneseast

About two weeks ago my dubias arrived. Ive left them alone for two weeks but i did try and feed Louie one last week and he didnt want any part of it. Kinda had me worried that he wasnt going to eat them and I would be stuck with a closet full of roaches. Well while feeding the last of his silkworms off today i snuck a small dubia in there and he gobbled em up. I am pretty relieved that he ate them. I still am a little grossed out by the dubias but they are soo much better than crickets IMO. Hopefully after one more week of crickets my colony will be ready to start feeding out of:D.

Normally he will shoot at anything that moves. He especially loves it if you put a super or anything that can climb on the side of the screen. The first time I did it with a dubia he looked at it like what the hell is that thing. Then he looked over at me with an im not eating that look.

Well, most chams need to try a new feeder by accident. Once they decide its tasty (and your gutload affects the taste) they add it to their mental "safe foods list". The male dubias are not all that meaty and the wings may put a cham off at first. Try a nice plump female.

Thaxter's not that keen on dubias - he ate two the first day I had them, showed no interest for weeks, then ate another one this week, with apparent satisfaction.

Back
Top Bottom