Finally, my first chameleon!!

Yeah, yours is definitely smaller than mine was. I think my cham has big genetics, people keep saying hes huge but he is my first so to me he is just normal. How old is he?
So, he was sold to me as 3 months, but clearly he was not 3 months lol. I've had him for almost 2 months now, and I think he is going on 4 months old. Though, I guess I'll never know for sure

I hear you, mine was sold to me as being 3-4 months, but the breeder could not give an exact hatch date. I picked a date between 3-4 months from when I bought him and made it his hatch date (July 15 2018).

I agree, yours looks younger, maybe 1 month? Not a bad thing though, I would prefer to get them as young as possible and see every stage.

I hear you, mine was sold to me as being 3-4 months, but the breeder could not give an exact hatch date. I picked a date between 3-4 months from when I bought him and made it his hatch date (July 15 2018).

I agree, yours looks younger, maybe 1 month? Not a bad thing though, I would prefer to get them as young as possible and see every stage.
Now that he is clearly healthy and growing, I am glad that I got to see him go from all brown to growing in to his colors, it's a great experience. But let me tell you, as a first time keeper having such a fragile little thing was incredibly stressful. I didntsleep for at least a week lol

Now that he is clearly healthy and growing, I am glad that I got to see him go from all brown to growing in to his colors, it's a great experience. But let me tell you, as a first time keeper having such a fragile little thing was incredibly stressful. I didntsleep for at least a week lol

Yeah, I was in the same mindset when I ordered mine. When he arrived I was surprised, and less stressed, because of how big he was.

It sounds like you are prepared and are taking good care of him, take tons of pics because it is awesome to look back.

IMG_20190617_203051_667.jpg

Look at how comfy he looks :love:
I measured Pesto just the other day, from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail he is a solid 3 inches! He is getting BIG! More colors coming out every day, and I think we are already due for another shed. Exciting things, people, very exciting!

Pesto had his 3rd shed today, it's been 16 days sin e his last shed. He is growing like a freakin weed! He has been with me for 9 weeks now... time is truly flying. I need to get him out to weigh him now, as he is obviously more than 3 grams now! I measured him just last week and he was 3 inches, I'm sure he is even longer now. He is quickly growing too large for his enclosure, I worry that I am going to have to size up before I move and have the space for his atrium. I dont want to put him through multiple cage changes, but I also want to give him all the room he needs to grow!! Dilemmas.
20190621_185012.jpg
20190621_184934.jpg

Today Pesto let me take him out with minimal fight. I think I just caught him at a good time because I had just fed him a bunch of his new favorite meal (hissed roaches, thanks @jamest0o0 !) He was pretty upset with me at first but as soon as that sun touched him he was so happy. He really did not want to come back in with me, but it was hot and the birds started to congregate lol. I was misting him lightly while we were out there and he just seemed to love it. He really did not want to come back in and once I put him in his enclosure he seemed to have a hissy fit because he got all dark and just stared at me like I was evil. Sorry I dont want you to get eaten by finches!
20190630_120904.jpg
20190630_120911.jpg
20190630_121112.jpg

Before he realized the sun is amazing
20190630_120748.jpg

Back
Top Bottom