few questions...

schmidt1894

So yall know i have a yemen chameleon(veiled)...

She's been doing wonderful! Shes eating like a crazy girl... Like, i will put some crickets in a zip lock bag, and dust them and then open her enclosure to put them in the enclosure, she runs over to the bag and gets the crickets from the bag.. haha.

But, I got her in september... i think the breeder said she was like 2-3 months? Not sure... So i'm gonna guess shes 4-5 months... I gotta check back at my old threads to check to see if i mentioned how old she is.. I've been feeding her everday about 8-12 crickets, and it seems like she eats them all everyday. But anywasys... questions..

-how many crickets should she be getting a day? more? less? every other day? or what?
-when do her colors come in? or is she gonna stay the colors she is?
- Can veiled chams eat superworms?
-She is getting pretty big(tummy wise), i dont wana say she has eggs.. but im not sure....? is it possible this early?

I'm not a big expert, but I think you feed her enough. 4-5 months is quite young to be gravid, but possible. I would suggest putting a laying bin in her enclosure. I would also suggest adding more variety to her diet.

-how many crickets should she be getting a day? more? less? every other day? or what?

A lot less and you can introduce days without food in a 5 to 6 month old chameleon. The more you feed, the earlier chameleons become sexually mature. It's not depending on age as in mammals, but on weight. If a 5 month old chameleons has eggs yet, she was completely overfed, she unfortunately will have a higher risk to become eggbound and will have a shortened life expectancy if food amount is not changed. Take a look at this thread, too.

A lot less and you can introduce days without food in a 5 to 6 month old chameleon. The more you feed, the earlier chameleons become sexually mature. It's not depending on age as in mammals, but on weight. If a 5 month old chameleons has eggs yet, she was completely overfed, she unfortunately will have a higher risk to become eggbound and will have a shortened life expectancy if food amount is not changed. Take a look at this thread, too.

Okay!:) thanks! Now that I know I'm going to be skipping some days... What would be a good schedule? And I will post some pictures this weekend of her to see if she is gravid... But then I don't think she is because when she flares up, she gets superrrrr skinny and I don't see any eggs, just ribs.

I would start just skipping 2 days a week. Maybe something like Monday and Thursday. Just so the days are not close together. What are your temps like? That has a large influence on when they may start egg production.

Back
Top Bottom