Female Werner's Chameleons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMXICAN

Hello, unfortunately lately I've come up on some rough times, both economically and emotionally with my chameleons. I have a male werner, Chuck, who has been sick awhile and is still hanging on. I have had him on anti-biotics and helping him everyday get hydrated and fed, but he is lathargic and weak and I believe that his road to recovery is long to say the least....

That's why I'm not even thinking about breeding at the moment. I have these two great female werner's, Lola and Cindy, I purchased these chameleons from a member in the forum.

The only "downfall", and I wanted to get this out there early, is that Cindy has her right eye kept shut most of the time, unless she hunts. I don't know if it was injured during shipping (the UPS guy was pretty rough when he threw my package over the fence for me to catch:mad:) or what.

I contacted the shipper and he sent me some Terramiacin to apply to her eye just in case it was an infection. I've been applying it twice a day for a few weeks now, but her eye is still shut. Dosen't seem to affect her everyday life at all though. She is missing a few claws.

Still, she eats plenty and loves to be sprayed with hot water and drinks immediately when misted. She also is very friendly.

Lola is a little feisty, but is very beautiful with lime green shades. She is in perfect health. She is missing a few claws.

They are both housed together and seem to enjoy each other company.

I don't know what to ask for these girls, but I would like to see them go to a good home, and hopefully breed. From what I know, they where banned from export from Tanzania, so they are a bit more rare these days (took me forever to find a pair). Please make me an offer if interested. Thanks, and happy holidays.

cindyjusthome.jpg

could you post a couple more pics? maybe of the shut eye and missing claws> thanks

Yeah, just look closely in the pics, you can see they are missing a few nails or claws. No missing toes or anything. They have a hard time climbing screen cages but I just keep a nice bushy ficus for them and some climbing sticks and they love it.

Lola on the run!
DSC01646.jpg

Lola
DSC01659.jpg

Cindy showing her dislike of the camera...
DSC01656.jpg

DSC01654.jpg

Cindy's "weaker" eye:
DSC01658.jpg

Hope these are enough. Thanks for your interest.

Just wanted to ad, this is my first time shipping with a heat pack to a cold state (NY, brrr!) and the two chams made it to their destination safely by 9:30am the next morning. Sweet! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom