Female panther

Takara

Just got her yesterday from screameleons in the budget pack

is the sand container in the corner look good for her to show me when she wants to lay eggs?

she hasn't gone the bathroom either, she ate 4 crickets and a dusted superworm yesterday afternoon and today, should I be worried? i've seen her drink at least once

p1000076e.jpg

p1000072o.jpg

I dont have experience with females laying, i have a female but i havent set up a laying bin yet cause shes still young, but i think it has to be deeper than that i think around at least a foot others more experienced will definetly chime in. Im looking at the size of that cricket and it looks a bit big for the female int he first pic but that might just be that her body is hidden.

Congrats!
I recommend that you pick up a couple more plants for her, like a small ficus, to help make the cage better for her. Unfortunately, you're going to need something pretty large for her laying bin. My female veiled JUST laid eggs this morning and I provided her with a kitchen trash can, with 12" of ecoearth. However, with what you have, I suppose that it serves to see when she's signaling that she wants to lay. If you see her digging around you might want to put her in something bigger without a way out and see if she'll start digging.

How old is she? You might not have to worry about eggs for a while. Follow the instructions on this blog and she may never lay eggs at all http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html Also, I recommend weighing her on a weekly basis to monitor how much weight she's gaining. If she's gaining a lot of weight without any changes in her food intake you might have eggs.

God luck! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

7 months old, yea I was thinking doing the 5 gallon bucket method, yea I def want to get some live plants in there, just taking my time so I don't put the wrong type in there

At 7 months it's normal to start pooping every other day or so. I wouldn't be worried unless she doesn't poop for a week+. She's probably still just settling in. If you're using a warning tub to see when she is going to lay so you can place her in a larger container, I would use a wider/longer one so she doesn't feel cramped. If you control her food intake and heat she may not even lay eggs for a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom