Female Panther "Rescue"

kind_hearted_woman_keychain-r2a9d776a90d14f27a6935034b7479090_x7j3z_8byvr_512.jp.jpg

Haha thanks guys! Y'all are gonna make me blush. :love:

We're getting there... about an hour, hour and a half to go. It's really hard, stopping myself from checking up on her! I'll have to give my birds an extra vigorous cuddle when I get home to stop myself from hovering. :LOL: Gonna have to get me a pet cam.
I vote Lilly as well , I love the name . So very exciting . Our Frances was a petsmart girl I to have one of those big open hearts for pets . She had crazy tenacity and a will to live . She was truly amazing, beautiful, and a little bitch . We loved her soooooo very much , she hates us lol . It’s so very rewarding when you see them doing well . Best of luck and yes please post LOTS of pics .

Peeping Karma...i know woman very well;)

Sooo tempting! But I'll be good. Lily will be stressed enough as it is, haha! I only checked once, when it sounded like a bump in the road dislodged her branch. :eek: (it didn't. She was not impressed. :oops:)

There will be a brief photoshoot/unboxing when I get home haha! (y)

I'm really hoping she'll make a full recovery! She'll be a properly spoiled little princess.

Sooo tempting! But I'll be good. Lily will be stressed enough as it is, haha! I only checked once, when it sounded like a bump in the road dislodged her branch. :eek: (it didn't. She was not impressed. :oops:)

There will be a brief photoshoot/unboxing when I get home haha! (y)

I'm really hoping she'll make a full recovery! She'll be a properly spoiled little princess.
As long u happy..I will be happy for u too:)

So, I'm a sucker. I went to a pet store to pick up my 36x18x36 ExoTerra to start my bioactive build, and I walked out with a somewhat poorly female panther instead! Surprise! Amanda's a bleeding heart and just loves sickly things that no one else wants! o_O I just felt so awful for her that I teared up, and I just had to take her home with me.

I didn't think to take any pictures before I boxed her up and I'm currently on the way home (4 hour drive), but according to the pet store she's a female ambilobe panther chameleon and they recieved her as a juvenile during the summer last year. So, assuming they have their timeline straight, this little lady is about a year old. Apparently she hasn't laid eggs yet, and she isn't currently displaying gravid coloration... but I know that can't be entirely trusted.

According to the assistant manager of the store she eats and drinks readily, but frequently has her eyes closed as of late. She opens them back up when she's disturbed, but her eyes are slightly misshapen... likely some sort of vitamin deficiency. I saw her cleaning her eyea and scratching them eyes on a stick, so they're likely irritated as well. She was in a 16x16x30 screen enclosure with the dreaded combo dome and a water bowl, so her husbandry definitely hasn't been the greatest... but she doesn't look terribly far gone yet. She's even a bit on the chunky side!

This isnt exactly what i intended when I said I was going to get a panther... but my big terrarium can wait another month. I guess this little lady's going to get the royal treatment! Animals in need always have been good at finding me. Most of my pets have been unintentional!

I haven't quite decided on a name yet, but I'm considering something spring/Easter themed. "(Easter) Lily" and "Tulip" come to mind! Maybe "Lady Luck". :)

~Amanda

This, everytime I walk into Petco. I tell myself I cant because if I do Petco wont get the point that they have no business being in the reptile industry...

Haha thanks guys! Y'all are gonna make me blush. :love:

We're getting there... about an hour, hour and a half to go. It's really hard, stopping myself from checking up on her! I'll have to give my birds an extra vigorous cuddle when I get home to stop myself from hovering. :LOL: Gonna have to get me a pet cam.
are you home yet? I want to see her but I need my sleep too!

This, everytime I walk into Petco. I tell myself I cant because if I do Petco wont get the point that they have no business being in the reptile industry...

This store is a mom and pop, (i dont go to chains, ever!) and I've never had issues with their husbandry before now. I believe they genuinely didn't know, and I have hope my words will improve the care of future chams in their store, and the info they give to prospective owners. I'm really very disappointed in them... I've been nothing but pleased in the past!

Meet miss Lily! I didn't take as many pictures as I intended, as I was concerned with getting her comfortable and leaving her alone. I'll get my MistKing sorted out tomorrow, but for now Lily had a nice 10 minute hand watering session. She drank a ton of water and cleaned her eyes, and perked up enough afterward to give me a proper glare and hiss haha!

There's a bit of what appears to be shed stuck to the side of her mouth (I thought it was mouth rot for a second - phew!), but other than her eyes she seems to be in ok shape as far as I can tell! I'll set her up with a vet appointment as soon as there's an opening this week, or earlier if I just bring her to work with me haha!

Lily, grumbling at me when I opened her box and woke her up:

20190422_142821.jpg

On her stick, being transported to her cage. You can see the abnormal skin on her lower lip. I was worried for a second, but it appears to be shed (softened and started coming off when moistened). I'll definitely point it out to my vet.
20190422_193736.jpg

Enjoying her shower (about 2L in, lol):

20190422_195730.jpg

Getting sassy with me when I placed another branch for her:

20190422_201144.jpg

And an overview of the temporary cage thus far:

20190422_201449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom