Female Panther Chameleon

Raym011

I have about a 7 to 8 month old female blue bar panther that is showing these nice colors. I am wondering if she is ready to breed or if she is going to lay eggs. If any one could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Ray.

<br>
36c4be71.jpg

<br>
648fb91b.jpg

Hello there,
She looks receptive but not gravid I would say. Is she still eating and drinking normally? When they are ready to lay eggs, they will usually stop eating shortly before.

Last edited:
Thanks. She has been eating and drinking good. I have not noticed anything different about her. I will keep a close eye on her. Thanks. Ray

I don't breed so I couldn't tell you anything about that subject. I did want to say though that you have a beautiful girl there. I have never seen them with all the colors like yours!

I have a plastic tub in her cage full of soil I purchased at the pet store. I have not seen her digging yet. Thanks. Ray

I have about a 7 to 8 month old female blue bar panther that is showing these nice colors. I am wondering if she is ready to breed or if she is going to lay eggs. If any one could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Ray.

To me, it looks like she's got on her receptive colours, rather than gravid or egg laying colours. But I would not say that's an indication that she's "ready to breed". I prefer to wait until they are at least a year old, and of a suitable weight. Regardless, I recommend always having an egg laying bin available - its not always obvious when they are going to lay eggs, especially when they are new to you (as this one must be, being only 7 or 8 months old)

They don't always show their non-receptive colors...so they can be producing eggs without constantly being dark colored with bright orangey markings.

Thanks for all the replies. I do plan on breeding her when she is older. I have a younger male about 4.5 to 5 months named Godzilla. Here is a pic of him.
<br>
956292ea.jpg

<br>
12abe288.jpg

<br>
Here is another pic of my female Camille.
<br>
4858a1c2.jpg

<br>

Nice chams you have.

What is the weight of the female (if you do know)? Or how long is she from head to vent.

They going to make some very nice babies one day!:)

Back
Top Bottom