Female just laid and...

Thompson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am really worried. I dug up 17 eggs and when I saw that she was covering them up I took her out of the laying bin and put her into the shower. Since she doesn't look skinnier at all really like people said females should look I weighed her and she is 50 grams. Before she laid she was 62 grams. She isn't really exhausted, she's actually acting like she didn't just dig a 12" deep hole and lay eggs. She's puffing up and trying to bite. I'm worried that she hasn't laid all of her eggs for some reason. I would like to know if I'm just worrying for no reason.

She did not lay again and is doing fine now. I'd also still give her some nicely calcium coated crickets as she has already dug down quite a bit. Before you put it in though, maybe dig her a hole just so she doesnt have to dig it herself. I did that for my girl and she used it.

Ok hopefully she doesn't have to lay again. I can hear her crawling around her cage so maybe she still does. Any other thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

All you can do is make the laying bin available to her and wait. 17 eggs is not that small for her first time of infertiles and to loose 12 grams sounds good to me. Leave her alone for now and see how she's doing in the morning.

I'll keep you and Ariel in my thoughts and hope that she will be fine in the morning but still continue to leave the laying bin in there for another week at least.

Thank you Jann :) this whole egg laying process is so nerve wrecking lol. I'll keep the laying bin in for a week.

Reactions: Ace
I wish you all the best. Hopefully if she didn't lay them all she will lay the rest or drop them. that doesn't seem like a lot of eggs to me. I had one lay 18 and fill the hole back in and during the next week dropped about 7 more eggs.

Suzi did she have to go to the vet? I hope she was fine after that. Ariel ate and drank like a maniac this evening.

Back
Top Bottom