Fell :(

NOP

ok...im freaking out...probably over nothing
My 4 month veiled "Neo" was at the bottom of his cage lookin for his breakfast
"i was trying to get him to start eating something other than crickets so i had a super worm in his feeding cup and he decided it wasnt food and ignored it" so he starts to climb back up to the top of the cage and he grips a wet plant from his morning mist and slips and falls about 6 inches....he is about 6-7 inches long and well he seemed fine and all he went and ate the crickets i gave him cuz he didnt eat the super and well....i have a knot in my stomach and am reaaaaallly worried he may be hurt...he is acting fine and all but this knot is not going away....and i could really use someone to tell me he is fine....he is acting normal and ate all the crickets i gave him after takin the super worm out....

"i was trying to get him to start eating something other than crickets so i had a super worm in his feeding cup and he decided it wasnt food and ignored it" so he starts to climb back up to the top of the cage and he grips a wet plant from his morning mist and slips and falls about 6 inches....he is about 6-7 inches long and well he seemed fine and all he went and ate the crickets i gave him cuz he didnt eat the super and well....i have a knot in my stomach and am reaaaaallly worried he may be hurt...he is acting fine and all but this knot is not going away....and i could really use someone to tell me he is fine....he is acting normal and ate all the crickets i gave him after takin the super worm out....

If he's acting fine I wouldn't be too worried about it, I'd keep an eye on him just in case but I'm sure you're fine. I'd add some more vines and branches in his enclosure so he can have somewhere to grip in case he happens to fall again. They can be clumsy just like us!

Honestly you would be amazed at the number of us - me included - who have had a chameleon fall - or jump. i have a couple that jump to the floor if I get to close to them. I am sure your guy will be fine, but it is normal for we chameleon owners to worry about everything. Both you and the chameleon will be ok.

As long as he was healthy/fit within reason before then all he did was get a squirt of adrenaline. I honestly reckon this is better than wrapping them in cotton wool.
Since all you need is reassurance, try to look up some info on the ribs made of cartilage and falling as a predator evasion technique.
He didn't even graze his knee, you are paranoid as Hell :)

some chams fall my 2 and 1/2 year old male veiled just fell 3 feet the other day in his cage and 2 feet before that chams fall even in the wild too all the time. if he is eating and acting like nothings wronge then don't worry about it. but if you are worried find a vet and take him to it.

I have had my chameleon fall over 6-7 feet and he is fine!!! 6 inches is nothing!! Just as a precauttion, you can always just observe his behavior a little more dilegently since he did fall. Welcome to the "worry wart club"!!!

Last edited:
Honestly you would be amazed at the number of us - me included - who have had a chameleon fall - or jump. i have a couple that jump to the floor if I get to close to them. I am sure your guy will be fine, but it is normal for we chameleon owners to worry about everything. Both you and the chameleon will be ok.

I remember reading someone observing them in the wild and when it started to rain they were literally jumping from the big trees lol :p

Back
Top Bottom