My chameleon fell this morning

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all,

My male panther fell from the top of his enclosure this morning. He was sleeping on the top of the door of his enclosure and I think I left his room in a 'huff' which startled him and caused him to fall. I don't normally let him sleep on his screen but I did last night and now I'm super upset with myself for not waking him up to make him move to a branch. I didn't see him fall so I can't be 100% sure but I left his room this morning and 2 minutes later found him on the floor of his enclosure. He is not acting any different, I've had my sitter check on him every hour today while I was at work and besides the potential fall this morning he has seemed fine.

I don't see any dark spots on him and he doesn't seem to be favoring any limbs or anything. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for over the next few days/weeks that would be red flags that he got hurt?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-7122.jpg
    IMG-7122.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-7123.jpg
    IMG-7123.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-7124.jpg
    IMG-7124.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 65
Darkened spots and being unable to use a limb would be signs to look for. I like the plant work in his enclosure but I would more branches at different heights throughout the enclosure.
Do you think he was screen sleeping because there aren’t enough branches in his enclosure?

He is totally fine. I monitored him closely for about a week and a half. Never say any signs of distress, favoring any limbs, and no signs of bruising.
That's great :) I am always trying to brainstorm for a way to have something for them like some kind of safety net lol Maybe some day

That's great :) I am always trying to brainstorm for a way to have something for them like some kind of safety net lol Maybe some day
Oh totally! I've actually been playing with the idea of having a screen bottom to all my enclosures. It would help more with my drainage system but also not be as hard of a fall if that ever happened again.

How did I miss this?? That pic of him looking at the camera is so precious. Those colors, I love the gray tone in his eye turrets with the green. He’s so pretty (I mean handsome) 😉

off topic…. should i not let my chameleon sleep on the cage?
Hello all,

My male panther fell from the top of his enclosure this morning. He was sleeping on the top of the door of his enclosure and I think I left his room in a 'huff' which startled him and caused him to fall. I don't normally let him sleep on his screen but I did last night and now I'm super upset with myself for not waking him up to make him move to a branch. I didn't see him fall so I can't be 100% sure but I left his room this morning and 2 minutes later found him on the floor of his enclosure. He is not acting any different, I've had my sitter check on him every hour today while I was at work and besides the potential fall this morning he has seemed fine.

I don't see any dark spots on him and he doesn't seem to be favoring any limbs or anything. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for over the next few days/weeks that would be red flags that he got hurt?

Thanks!

off topic…. should i not let my chameleon sleep on the cage?
I honestly don't know the answer to that. I don't like mine too personally because I feel its not a super safe place for them to sleep, so usually if I catch them sleeping on it I wake them up and make them move.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. I don't like mine too personally because I feel its not a super safe place for them to sleep, so usually if I catch them sleeping on it I wake them up and make them move.
yeah i understand, glad your cham is doing good

Back
Top Bottom