Scared of Bugs?

Paradalis

Avid Member
Hello I’ve been trying to feed my chameleon super worms but he hasn’t been eating them. Those are his favorite! He always eats them but over the past few days he hasn’t been eating them. And I gave him two crickets and was giving him a third and he started puffing up and gaping. He NEVER does that! Is he scared of the bugs? Or me?

Hello I’ve been trying to feed my chameleon super worms but he hasn’t been eating them. Those are his favorite! He always eats them but over the past few days he hasn’t been eating them. And I gave him two crickets and was giving him a third and he started puffing up and gaping. He NEVER does that! Is he scared of the bugs? Or me?
Have you gotten a fecal test?
leave the feeders in his cup and let him be for a couple of hours. I use a camera https://www.amazon.com/WYZE-Spotlig...le-Assistant/dp/B0C427WDTQ/ref=sr_1_3_pp?crid to check on my cham

How large are the superworms? These can have a strong bite the larger they are. If a cham gets bitten it can cause them to back off of the feeders.

As far as the puffing up with the crickets if you were hand feeding these and hand feeding is new to him this could very well be the cause of the reaction.

I was feeding him the superworms as a treat and (I always do this) just used my tongs to place them on the branch in front of him. The superworm was the same size as always. If it’s helpful do you want a picture of my superworms?

I was feeding him the superworms as a treat and (I always do this) just used my tongs to place them on the branch in front of him. The superworm was the same size as always. If it’s helpful do you want a picture of my superworms?
Well there are superworms that are really long and those have a nasty bite. I always buy the small ones if I am feeding these due to the bite.

They can react to colors your wearing. Mine hates painted nails but I can wear any color shirt around him. But if I have bright nail polish he becomes irritated and gets upset puffing up. Some hate red or yellows. They all have their own personality with this stuff.

Yeah I agree with @elizaann2. Your not looking to piss him off. Just keep in mind if you see a reaction that it could very well be something you are wearing. Sometimes when they are more sensitive they will react to things in the room as well. Going from having windows open to always being closed or even the reflection from a mirror across the room. I have even seen where someone hang a new painting on the wall and the cham was showing stress colors just from the environmental change. lol So your always watching different things and figuring out what caused the reaction.

Back
Top Bottom