Feeling like a roach lord

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've heard and seen roaches respond to feeding time, but never like how things are now... I go in my bug room 1x a week to do maintenance and pack up orders. Well I'm to the point where when I walk in, all of my colonies go crazy and start scratching against the bins expecting food to come. It's unreal lol I should make a video of it. Pretty cool that they have learned to associate me walking in with food and are not afraid of me.

Somebody here has hissers that no longer hiss for her. She has to get someone else to pet them in order for them to hiss :)

I've heard and seen roaches respond to feeding time, but never like how things are now... I go in my bug room 1x a week to do maintenance and pack up orders. Well I'm to the point where when I walk in, all of my colonies go crazy and start scratching against the bins expecting food to come. It's unreal lol I should make a video of it. Pretty cool that they have learned to associate me walking in with food and are not afraid of me.

That's correct roaches can and do learn about their keeper, and one of the reasons roach keeping for the roaches themselves is growing in popularity.

No house is complete without a roach colony.

That's correct roaches can and do learn about their keeper, and one of the reasons roach keeping for the roaches themselves is growing in popularity.

No house is complete without a roach colony.

I have to say, I was not into this hobby for bugs, it accidentally happened lol. Never would have thought I'd get enjoyment from roaches and have 30+ colonies.

Before you know it they’ll have built a little shrine to you.

More than some can get thier chams to do? the roach whisperer.

James I am working on taking over your roach Lordship. I have babies in my Orangehead bin. I have successfully had roaches procreate!! I’ll be there in no time!
In all fairness there are your roaches so I guess we can share lordship.

Attachments

• C58C770D-E799-45E2-819C-C11C2E923D77.jpeg
    C58C770D-E799-45E2-819C-C11C2E923D77.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 73
Yea I have way cut down on feeding roaches for my chams, but am still looking for another roach to raise just for the roach. Something cool

Yea I have way cut down on feeding roaches for my chams, but am still looking for another roach to raise just for the roach. Something cool

I have so many heavily populated colonies that I keep at this point just because I think they're cool. My cham eats about 6-10 different kinds and the rest are basically hanging out lol.

Back
Top Bottom