Feeding, Every day to every other day?

Alright sounds good, Thanks for the help again!

Good things i found this site other wise i would be lost!

The pet store was sending me all kinda of wrong directions!

you are not the first one to be misled by a pet store. The majority of them just don't have an education on chameleons. We see it all the time on here.
I was going over that article and from what I gathered if you have the packaging still and it is as follows: NEW Zilla Desert 50 Series and Tropical 25 Series lamps have pictures of the lamp spectrum and a "UV Index" chart printed on their boxes. Apparently the old ones do not and those are the ones that were not made properly and causing all the problems. If yours has pictures of the lamp spectrum and the UV index chart then you have one of the new improved bulbs. Still....I would be a little nervous about using it. But whatever you do, you still only need the one.

These are two cages I have outside that house my veileds....

IMG_6204.jpg

This cage housed my baby melleri... but now houses male veiled...

KevinZamp05_30_20102922RS.jpg

The top photo... look how the light domes are tilted.. you want to do that with your heat lamp. Have it point at an angle toward the UVB lamps so the cham gets both heat and UVB together.

The second photo is a ficus... I got it bigger than the cage but just a bit and then trimmed it to fit. Don't be afraid to cut the ficus, it won't die.

Yeah talk about a let down thinking that you that pet store "Reptile Expert" tell you all the wrong things! Im glad i looked on the internet to be sure they where telling me the right things!

I do not have the box but i know they still have the same ones i bought there so i will go check them and see if they have the charts in them.

Wow thanks! Nice looking cages and set-ups! I plan on getting a Ficus to put it there so he will have a higher and bigger plant to climb on also it will fill it up more and give him more options.
That makes sense to tilt the basking light so the cham can get both at once.

Back
Top Bottom