favorite: Panther vs Veiled

panther or veiled?

• Panther Chameleon

Votes: 801 60.5%
  • Veiled Chameleon

Votes: 523 39.5%

• Total voters
lennskt1.jpg

i missed the point =P, if a male can do what for a split second?! And i've never seen blue on my female, could this be because i bought her from an average pet store, and yours is a premium specimen, or do those colors develop more over time? mine is roughly 2.5 mos old. New pics are in my gallery!

Thanks Will, and everyone else!

-Marc

What the Spice! ( I mis read the last 2 posts and thought they were the same... Thanks Will for the sweet photo ) And WOW! A black Chameleon!? Those are gravid colors eh? after i first got Antonia and let her climb around for a few minutes in the car, she turned as dark as the upolstry, but nothing that funky!

Will all females do that when they reach a mature gravid state?

-Marc

seems like a photoshop

in ten years i have NEVER seen a veiled like that, plus i could make that pic any color w/photoshop in about 5-10 inutes.......hoping i am wrong , but would gladly pay a grand to breed with mine

Seems like you're closeminded.

Is it really that rare that you see something spectacular? After all arent we witnessing the breeding of Translucent veiled chameleons, as well as hypermelanistic? And if you were more experienced with seeing WC veiled shipments, there would be some pretty odd stuff that you would find- that just dont pop up often.

Easy to say you'd pay a grand to breed one of yours with a dead chameleon though.

i wasn't trying to say i would pay a grand after it was dead...i skipped 3 pages of the thread and i apaologize i was talking about a dead cham. sorry if my background as an internet entreprenuer makes me look at everything a thousands times before i take it as truth. also, it was my misunderstading that this cham was CB. how may images are on cforums? that was the fist i have seen this color.

Not meaning to be rude, only curious as to why you would be so quick to judge.

Have you not seen the Translucents and the hypermelanistic veileds?

And for that matter, there are other species that are coming in, once thought to be soley green, now coming in red, take jacksons for example.

And for that matter, take a look at panthers, incredible new localities and hybrids are producing some crazy abnormal colorations. Random genetics are often very surprising. Just look at what the Kammerflauge Kreations site shows in panther hybrids any days. Very crazy colours not ever seen in other purebloods.

Last edited:
Sorry, no editing done here.He was just a spectacular specimen.Its cool cus his son is looking just like him.He was the type of veiled that was the slimmer andlonger type.When he was outside on nice summer days he would shine the only prob was if people were over they would always want pics.His best colors were definantly when he was outside.He definantly had his problems growing up hense the name storm. I learned alot from him.
chameleon76

Attachments

• 11-7-06 cham pics 020 1.jpg
    11-7-06 cham pics 020 1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 730
  • DSCN2339.jpg
    DSCN2339.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 480
  • storm first mating attempt 1.jpg
    storm first mating attempt 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 526
  • dad &cj 12-7-06.jpg
    dad &cj 12-7-06.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 543
ok tyler some pics of maro

Here are some pics of my sambava maro.He is from the loki lineage.
chameleon76
thanks Will,The last I looked at the site was lookin good,glad to see it happen.

Attachments

• 11-7-06 maro 1.jpg
    11-7-06 maro 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 498
  • new pics 2 104.jpg
    new pics 2 104.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 438
  • 11-7-06 maro 3.jpg
    11-7-06 maro 3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 483
Sorry, no editing done here.He was just a spectacular specimen.Its cool cus his son is looking just like him.He was the type of veiled that was the slimmer andlonger type.When he was outside on nice summer days he would shine the only prob was if people were over they would always want pics.His best colors were definantly when he was outside.He definantly had his problems growing up hense the name storm. I learned alot from him.
chameleon76

Is that juvanile pic one of him when he was younger???

also, what exactly is a hypermelanistic cham? Im going to take a look around on the forum after this, but they sound interesting!

Now i want a male :p. I know reccommendations are that one should never kep chams together, but is a 260 exo-terra enclosure big enough for a breeding pair? Im getting the feling ppz will say no apready =P i guess im just dreaming it would work out :p. Anyways, if i recall i should wait untill my female is a year old untill i introduce a male? What if she begins to generate eggs?

Thanks all!
-Marc

It appears to me that the hypermelanistic chams are missing pigment in certain areas of skin that do not allow them to change colors, or remain only dark shades such as brown. Is this this case? If so then it would seem this is another genetic defect. Kinda neat, but if a defect, i would not support the production of them. However if it is simply a randomly generated trait, i would find it very interesting to be able to own one. By randomly generated, i mean randomly generated such as the white bear, or the true-yellow eyed tree/clown frog ( i cant remember the exact name, maybe someone can help me out. )

In anycase, there's my 2 cents!

have a nice day.

-Marc

Panthers!!!!!!!!! Its not even close.There is a reason he has those gloves on.
Personality goes a long way.Panthers have it all,great colors and usually very tame.All chameleons are great in their own way but I prefer Panthers.

Awesome. I captive hatched a "Blaze Red" 2 years ago ( I named him like that about 10 months after because that's when his colors came out) but yours takes the cake. I wish I had a camera to post pics but between my son and the chameleons and balancing work ( night shift ) and other personal expenses, is hard in my situation to own one. Yours is truly a beauty. Keep up with his care. That lemon color rocks.

Veiled vote here... is this the same pole we did months ago though?

And Brad... are you saying that Kitty is related to Storm? Well cool if I read that right. Storm was the first veiled cham picture, {outside of my own cham}, that I saved into my files a while back. Most excellent cham pic ever. How many years did he live?

Fractal is very much the turquoise cham these days. I got him from Florida. Exotics. I posted here to see who suppiied them. Trying to find Fractal's parents.

WOW thats a crazy lookin veiled ive only seen the normal green and yellow barred and the turquoise too. but that has yellow oranage and red WOW. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom