Favorite Misting Systems/Purchase

Cam

What do you suggest for a misting system?
We currently have 2 crested geckos and we are planning on adding a Panther Chameleon in a few months.
We are concerend with noise, how often the unit needs to be filled, and the ability to program the unit.
It would be ideal if both the Cresteds and the Panther could utilize the same system, with branchline tubing.
We have a haba mist which is very small and very noisy!:eek:
Thank you for your input.:)

I am new to chams but I did purchase a Promist 60 for my Panther.
The pump is very silent. With the room being dead quiet, you can barley hear it.
The 60 will operate up to 15 nozzels. How often you need to refill it depends on how often you use it. But it doesn't seem to use too much water as the nozzels put out a very fine mico mist.
As far as programming, you are only limited by the timer. Mine came with a unit that will allow me to program up to 14 intervals a day. If you have multoiple tanks that have the same requirements, this is ideal. If your cages have different requirements, you may have to rig something as the Promist does not allow you to decide which nozzels operate at which times, it's all or nothing.
They also have the best customer service. Give them a call.

Hope this helps.

Promist is awesome. I love mine.

I don't even hear the pump. I only hear it raining in my office.

As far as refilling water, you make your own resevior. I use a construction bucket with lid. I only have to refill it every 4-5 days. I use it for my panther cage and crested geckos cage. Oh yeah, and if you forget to fill your resevoir, it can run dry without burning out the motor.

I did order a solinoid with a seperate timer for the geckos as they require less misting in their exoterra vivarium (holds humidity better.) I also mist my cham about 4 times a day for 8 minutes, which would flood the other cage. I set the solonoid to run 1 minute 3 times a day for the geckos.

I also like the promist because the tubing and attachments are tested for high heat environments, like being close to reptile lights. This prevents sudden bursts of water if you are not there. I have multiple computers in my reptile room/office.

It was like $170 when I bought it, but was sooooooo worth it.

Good luck
Matthew

PS- I too suggest you give them a call, they will answer any/all questions before you decide to make a purchase.

i just got the pro mist and it is awesome.

from what i understand about promist is the water pumps are designed specifically for mist systems.

If you use a resevior how do you keep the water warm? They say mist with warm water keeps the humidity up. I don't have a misting system yet and am looking into one also. I guess I am a little confused about them. I wish I could see one and how they work before hand so I know what I am doing.:confused:

If you use a resevior how do you keep the water warm? They say mist with warm water keeps the humidity up. I don't have a misting system yet and am looking into one also. I guess I am a little confused about them. I wish I could see one and how they work before hand so I know what I am doing.:confused:

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a hole cut in the top that I can fish a small fish tank heater through. Keeps the water perfect.

Wow I never thought of that. I guess you would hang it so it does not touch the plastic. When it mists how do you keep it from spraying so much it gets everywhere.

WOW! thank you everyone. I will Google Promist. I really appreciate not only the referrals but all of the "inventive tricks" you all have passed along.
Happy herping:)

Wow I never thought of that. I guess you would hang it so it does not touch the plastic. When it mists how do you keep it from spraying so much it gets everywhere.

You can rest the heater against the plastic. Any heater that would get hot enough to melt the bucket, would also get the water hot enough to burn the cham. Lay it or mount it on the bottom of the bucket, do not hang incase the water level gets too low. You can let the bucket water level get lower with it on the bottom. Any heater that would melt the bucket would also get the water hot enough to burn the cham.

The promist nozzels spay a neat, clean and tight pattern. They do not spray everywhere. The mist is also very, very fine.

Last edited:
Bob at ProMist does not recommend heating the water for your ProMist system. I forget the explanation, but in the end I believe he said that it has the opposite effect that you are looking to get with the system. Mine just arrived today, and I am going to sink the intake hose right into a nice 5 gallon jug of spring water - without any heat.

Which type of nozzle do you suggest for an Ankaramy or a NoseyBe CHameleon? They have the Ultra Fine floats in air mister nozzle and the coarser Droplet producing nozzle? Thank you again.

Which type of nozzle do you suggest for an Ankaramy or a NoseyBe CHameleon? They have the Ultra Fine floats in air mister nozzle and the coarser Droplet producing nozzle?...
Howdy,
If you are buying nozzles from Cloudtops, get a couple of several different pattern/volume styles. I found that the least effective ones for Panthers and most any other species are the ultra-fine mist ones. The effect that seems to work well for my critters is a splattery-misty kinda spray. Ultra-fine mist tends to irritate their eyes while delaying a drinking response. Buy a selection to play with and buy extras of each in case you plug one. Cheap insurance. Click on their chart link to see the nozzle types.

:) Thank you for your hands on information.. The books just are not as helpful as people who are currently in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom