favorite heat lamps

junglefries

Avid Member
I am thinking of switching my basking light fixtures [25w small oven/fridge incandescent bulbs with mini clamp lamps] to the 25w mini halogen fixtures. So far, I have only seen the Zilla fixtures for sale. Was wondering, if there were some other brands, pet supply or other, that anyone was aware of? I think we all know Zilla isn't known for quality, so let me know. If you do use them, do you like them? Pros vs cons? I hear they get awfully hot. Thanks for your time and consideration in advance.

Last edited:
I am thinking of switching my basking light fixtures [25w small oven/fridge incandescent bulbs with mini clamp lamps] to the 25w mini halogen fixtures. So far, I have only seen the Zilla fixtures for sale. Was wondering, if there were some other brands, pet supply or other, that anyone was aware of? I think we all know Zilla isn't known for quality, so let me know. If you do use them, do you like them? Pros vs cons? I hear they get awfully hot. Thanks for your time and consideration in advance.

Hey there! I recently built a new enclosure and created an enclosed spot up top for all of my lighting and I wasn't thinking and made it about 2-3 inches shorter than I should have. I searched and searched for a heat lamp fixture that would fit just by sitting it on top and the zilla mini halogen is all I could really find. I got one and tested it out. And later ended up getting another one. (My enclosure is rather large.) I haven't had any issues with them and they fit perfectly. If you do get one, go with the 25w light. The 50 is extremely hot. And don't position it DIRECTLY over where they'll be basking. The light it puts off is very concentrated right underneath it and drops off quickly around the center "spot" that the light puts off. So I positioned it to where her basking perch is kind of to the side of it so she can't get directly under the concentrated spot. It works very well for me.

Hey there! I recently built a new enclosure and created an enclosed spot up top for all of my lighting and I wasn't thinking and made it about 2-3 inches shorter than I should have. I searched and searched for a heat lamp fixture that would fit just by sitting it on top and the zilla mini halogen is all I could really find. I got one and tested it out. And later ended up getting another one. (My enclosure is rather large.) I haven't had any issues with them and they fit perfectly. If you do get one, go with the 25w light. The 50 is extremely hot. And don't position it DIRECTLY over where they'll be basking. The light it puts off is very concentrated right underneath it and drops off quickly around the center "spot" that the light puts off. So I positioned it to where her basking perch is kind of to the side of it so she can't get directly under the concentrated spot. It works very well for me.

Thank you. My regular pet store uses plenty of them, but I still can't get over it being a Zilla product. It's like when Hyundai started making decent car(s). Occasionally, a blind squirrel gets a nut, I guess. Maybe I will just one instead of 20, to try it out.

Thank you. My regular pet store uses plenty of them, but I still can't get over it being a Zilla product. It's like when Hyundai started making decent car(s). Occasionally, a blind squirrel gets a nut, I guess. Maybe I will just one instead of 20, to try it out.

Yeah. I mean I can only speak from my experience and I've only been using them for about a month or so. And I felt the same way but it was one of the only options I had and they're only like 15-20$. But like I said, so far I have no complaints. They are pretty straight forward, nothing fancy. But the size is what attracted me. They get the job done! And if they both fall apart in a month, it was fairly inexpensive anyways! Haha!

Yeah. I have a small fit on the bottom 16"x16"x30" cages to the above shelf. That is primarily my urgent need. Not so concerned for top cages, as small clamp lamps are getting it done.

I hate to admit it, I do like them. When not seeing them all covered in scratches and dust, they do seem nice. Most people know they come with springs to secure them, but they also come with 3 3" metal stand offs to raise them. If anyone knows of 15w that will fit them, please let me know. I currently am using the 25w white daylight.

Back
Top Bottom