FAO Florida reptile keeper's

Down with feral cats!!! I hate them, plz ppl don’t shoot me I just don’t like them pooping in my yard 😅
When I lived in Hawaii feral cats were a huge problem. Literally hundreds of cats living in parking lots near the woods, or next to stores hoping to find food. There is also a huge mouse problem there and it's never cold, so they thrived. It was pretty crazy. Getting a puppy was a nightmare for people because parvo was so rampant.

We did that with a lot of local wildlife until this part of the world became a hotspot for rabies & Lyme disease. :(

We'd like to change houses for different reasons, but the local market is still non-existent with COVID.

I'm not a fan of Coyote Peterson (too much filler, takes forever to get to the point, and I think he thinks he's channeling Marlin Perkins or something...) 🤷‍♂️ but... (If you can sit through it)

From 4 years ago

From 5 years ago

From 6 years ago

I guarantee that feral and domestic cats allowed to roam do more damage to native species than any other. It should be as illegal to have cats roam outside your yard as it is to have loose dogs. I love cats but if they need to go out how about building them an aviary style cage. You could even put their litter box in there and clean it yourself rather than have them use your neighbors vegetable garden. Off topic rant over.

I guarantee that feral and domestic cats allowed to roam do more damage to native species than any other. It should be as illegal to have cats roam outside your yard as it is to have loose dogs. I love cats but if they need to go out how about building them an aviary style cage. You could even put their litter box in there and clean it yourself rather than have them use your neighbors vegetable garden. Off topic rant over.
Have you ever lived around peacocks? OMGOSHHHHHH! Now that's an animal that gives a new meaning to horrible! I know why they have to be beautiful, otherwise they'd be extinct for sure! Loud, destructive, and protected...

There are literally green iguanas everywhere here.
I recently found this guy in a tote I use for transporting my tortoises.
Most evasive animals are just living here. They are thriving.
To do anything about it this late in the game is just wishful thinking

Attachments

• 20201230_125609.jpg
    20201230_125609.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 75
I'm not a fan of Coyote Peterson (too much filler, takes forever to get to the point, and I think he thinks he's channeling Marlin Perkins or something...) 🤷‍♂️ but... (If you can sit through it)

From 4 years ago

From 5 years ago

From 6 years ago

i have a 10 year old boy and hes already forced me to watch most of these and all the wasp sting and centipede bite episodes haha

i have a 10 year old boy and hes already forced me to watch most of these and all the wasp sting and centipede bite episodes haha
We saw a couple of those out of curiousity. My Missus thought they were the stupidest videos she's ever seen. "Why would any sane person put themselves through that " (She doesn't watch a lot of clickbait YT.) I tried to explain the economics & mentality of social media, but it was like arguing stupidity and insanity with an intelligent sane person, if you catch my drift... She has a point.

The only thing to say at that point was to remind her that half of the world is below average.
Agreement; Harmony restored. :)

Back
Top Bottom