Facebook Groups Make Me ANGRY!!!

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this happened last night into the AM. I'm so upset with this person right now it's ridiculous. Had to show you guys on here because it blows my mind the stupidity and ignorance of some people. What's sad is this group even has Peter Necas as an Admin/moderater in it.
Screenshot_20190530-065542_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-064959_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-065008_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-065356_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-065015_Facebook.jpg

I always laugh at the people that complain about filling out a form, but think they're capable of caring for a chameleon or any reptile correctly. Spoon feed it to people these days and they'll still complain.

This is why I don't do Facebook. These forums are enough social media for me. Seeing people's thoughts all at once in text form without talking in person is not good for the mind, research shows the anxiety and depression it creates.

I always laugh at the people that complain about filling out a form, but think they're capable of caring for a chameleon or any reptile correctly. Spoon feed it to people these days and they'll still complain.

This is why I don't do Facebook. These forums are enough social media for me. Seeing people's thoughts all at once in text form without talking in person is not good for the mind, research shows the anxiety and depression it creates.
I went there to try and help there as well as seeing more chameleon pictures. Just super frustrating when you go to try and help someone and the Admin shuts you down for asking someone to fill out a questionnaire.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Red, got a year ago
  • Handling - We play the bitey bitey game with him till he gets tired
  • Feeding - he really likes hot dogs, and will eat my sisters left over cheerios
  • Supplements - we crush up a multi vitamin and put it in his drinking tube we have left over from the hamster
  • Watering - see above
  • Fecal Description - smells bad as is easy to pick up with paper towel
  • History - the person i got it from said it was from a good breeder

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - glass from the hamster
  • Lighting - We keep him next to the window the the window open, through screen
  • Temperature - we only have the ac on in the summer
  • Humidity - we put ice cubes on top of the tank once a day
  • Plants - we dont have a green thumb, used fake plants from funerals
  • Placement - by the window
  • Location - you will try to find me by matching my handle on the internet

Current Problem - looks grey colored some times, but only some body parts, never the same part twice.

lola1.jpg

Chameleon Info:
  • Feeding - he really likes hot dogs, and will eat my sisters left over cheerios
  • Supplements - we crush up a multi vitamin and put it in his drinking tube we have left over from the hamster
  • Watering - see above

Cage Info:

Current Problem - looks grey colored some times, but only some body parts, never the same part twice.

View attachment 233914
Solid! I see nothing wrong here keep up the great husbandry! Lmfao

I think facebook is retarded, everything offends everybody and everybody is an a hole, so the medium (trying to help somebody) doesn't exist, total stupidity lol..
What set me off yesterday was a sickly starving Veiled chameleon in a petstore was posted to the "Crested Geckos Group". It got a lot of attention and I even called the owner out of Snakes @ Sunset out for being a piece of work. Anyways the post was taken down because it wasn't and I quote, "Crested Gecko Related" I lost my mind! Called out all the Admins and Moderators on their bull crap posted this picture and left.
funny-snapchats-geko-finger-chameleon.jpg

Now I got the "Godfather" on my ass. Whoops!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-080945_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-080945_Facebook.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20190530-081000_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-081000_Facebook.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_20190530-081006_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-081006_Facebook.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot_20190530-081014_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-081014_Facebook.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 243
Chameleon Info:
  • Watering - see above

Cage Info:

View attachment 233914
Almost made me pee my pants! :hilarious:

^ This, right here. While I have FB, it's largely for work related networking and organizing, and occasionally looking at cute pictures/browsing the more reputable groups out there (like RABS and co.) for inspiration. And to peddle some of my sculptures on the side, haha!

Helping people online is absolutely exhausting to me. I leave it to people with more patience than I! I'm always happy to help people in person or via voice, but I'm not a big fan of typing. Probably because I use my phone the majority of the time, and I'm a fairly slow texter.

It's frustrating, all of the misinformation and poor advice out there, and the shut downs that occur in some groups by some mods. I definitely get where you're coming from @CamoChameleonsHuman ! (Also, you are indeed quite good at getting into FB trouble, haha! :p)

I'm high-strung and stressy enough without that kind of BS.

He must be friends with the admin... sorry I don't bow down just because of experience. There's no good reason to not fill people in on some simple questions that take 5 minute. I like petr necas and have seen him post helpful info often, and we all know how much he's provided, but the hoops he jumped through trying to explain why it's not necessary shows he has a bias in this convo. Oh well, it's only human.

^ This, right here. While I have FB, it's largely for work related networking and organizing, and occasionally looking at cute pictures/browsing the more reputable groups out there (like RABS and co.) for inspiration. And to peddle some of my sculptures on the side, haha!

Helping people online is absolutely exhausting to me. I leave it to people with more patience than I! I'm always happy to help people in person or via voice, but I'm not a big fan of typing. Probably because I use my phone the majority of the time, and I'm a fairly slow texter.

It's frustrating, all of the misinformation and poor advice out there, and the shut downs that occur in some groups by some mods. I definitely get where you're coming from @CamoChameleonsHuman ! (Also, you are indeed quite good at getting into FB trouble, haha! :p)

I'm high-strung and stressy enough without that kind of BS.
It just makes me quite upset because it's like they're trying to silence you. I honestly have the best intentions. My voice is for the animal not the person. But I'm being silenced for having an opinion of my very own. It's like they want you to be the "scarecrow" on FB. "if I only had a brain"

Chameleon Info:
  • Watering - see above

Cage Info:

View attachment 233914
Happy I stayed around for the punch line :LOL:

I just joined the group to check it out. Lol. they are philosophically opposed to medical history forms?!?!?!
Haha I guess! I told the Admin to remove me (privately) next time I ask someone to fill it out rather than make a remark that was totally uncalled for.
He must be friends with the admin... sorry I don't bow down just because of experience. There's no good reason to not fill people in on some simple questions that take 5 minute. I like petr necas and have seen him post helpful info often, and we all know how much he's provided, but the hoops he jumped through trying to explain why it's not necessary shows he has a bias in this convo. Oh well, it's only human.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. I will thankfully and always respect him, but I do not always have to agree with him.

Soooo I am a member of two of the FB groups... The one your in and another one run by Bill Strand. I am not active at all there though. I do however really enjoy reading the posts by the people that actually know what they are talking about. I have learned quite a bit just stalking...

I think this is like when you have a job and then start a new job... New rules to abide by. Change... So while we are used to asking these important questions to narrow down potential issues they do in their own way do this in those groups just not in a form. Longer process from what I have seen of them pulling information from someone... While I prefer this forum and it's methods this is also why I am only active in this forum.

There seemed to have been a bit of bias I feel in his response. I know you are the type that truly advocates for the animal. We see your passion here. I am sorry that you had this experience. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom