Eye issue!!

Tully555

My new ambilobe male (8 mnths) always has one eye open and one eye closed. He has been like this for a few days. I try to squirt water in his eye but nothing seems to work. Whenever it is open it looks tired and strange. Whats going on?
:confused:

Please fill out the form below so we can better help you and your chameleon!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

conditions

ambilobe male 8 months. Had him for 4 weeks.
handling once every 3-4 days
crickets gutloaded eats 3-6 every day
d3 and without d3 powder calcium and mineral supplement
mist leaves 8 - 10 times per day for 2 min never see him drink though:confused:
regular droppings look normal
reptisun UVB light 5.0 150 watt basking lamp
pothos plant and umbrella plant
location northern kentucky
cage area top of cage is 5'3"
near radiator and two windows

what about temps and humidity, 150w, 2 radiators, and window are prob, killing the humidty..
you could try afew drops of saline solution..

Can you be a little more descriptive? How many times do you dust with each supplement. What are the colors of his poop. What all do you feed to him and what is fed to his feeders? You may not see him drink but he most likely drinks when you are out of the room.

description

As soon as i purchase the crickets i dust them lightly (not like a ghost) I feed the crickets lettuce, broccoli, strawberries and any old fruit. His dropping are long and dark brown with a white and yellow tip.

I would not gutload with broccoli, it contains something that stops the absorption of calcium or something like that. I can't remember. I would get some collard greens and yams, those are two excellent gutloading vegetables. I'm also asking how many times do you dust a week with each supplement, not how light you dust your crickets. If all you're feeding him is crickets you should go and buy him some silkworms or hornworms to add variety to his feeders. If you see your chameleon constantly cleaning his eye all the time he could possibly have something stuck in it. Give him about a 30 minute shower so he can really clean out his eyes and see if this helps.

Back
Top Bottom