Eye issue/bleeding eye

Hmm. I'll have to look into that...I do have bee pollen but I've been giving it to the insects to ear so their gut loaded with it because I can only find the chunky pieces kind I tried looking around walmart and couldnt find the capsules with the power ..maybe I'll try again
And that's weird let me upload again

Attachments

• 20180630_102821.jpg
    20180630_102821.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 165
I've been watching this thread since it started and I've resisted the temptation to chime in because I don't have anywhere near the experience the previous posters have. But this little guy has multiple symptoms that seem pretty severe. Could all this really be caused by just using the wrong bulb?

I've been having the same feelings about this post. It also bothers me that so many people think they will pinpoint the answer as to why the chameleon has had an eye problem this severe by pointing out something wrong in the filled out "how to ask for help" form. I don't believe an incorrect uvb tube would have caused an eye problem this severe. I'm leaning more towards this being some sort of infection or it could even be something we cannot simply pinpoint by the information supplied in the how to ask for help form. Maybe this is some rare disease? An inherited genetic problem?

As I've said before, it's important to remember that even with the best care (or adequate care that would not lead to common problems) things can and will go wrong!

Last edited:
It's really only the eye issue and his eating issue which has started since the eye issue other wise poops fine acts fine moves fine seems to see fine active not lethargic ect ..so its mind boggling

I don't think you will solve the eye issue by continuing the entertainment of this poop questioning!

The eating issue is most likely related to the eye issue.

I've been having the same feelings about this post. It also bothers me that so many people think they will pinpoint the answer as to why the chameleon has had an eye problem this severe by pointing out something wrong in the filled out "how to ask for help" form. I don't believe an incorrect uvb tube would have caused an eye problem this severe. I'm leaning more towards this being some sort of infection or it could even be something we cannot simply pinpoint by the information supplied in the how to ask for help form. Maybe this is some rare disease? An inherited genetic problem?

As I've said before, it's important to remember that even with the best care (or adequate care that would not lead to common problems) things can and will go wrong!

I don't think you will solve the eye issue by continuing the entertainment of this poop questioning!

The eating issue is most likely related to the eye issue.

All I can say is I'm surprised at you right now. You've been keeping chams for a looooong time and have been on this site a long time. You know damn good and well the info in the help form isn't to pinpoint one thing wrong. It's so everyone can look at overall husbandry to try get the cham back on track just as much as seeing pics of the cage is.

You really had me having a wtf moment in the other saying the cham was dehydrated due to tucked eyes without even having seen the urate which ended up being wrong. Now I'm not even sure what to think with these comments. I agree the poop situation will be related to the eye/ tongue problem but beyond that you've got me stoopified and I should probably go back to working on my plant boxes before I get to far off topic.

It started with one eye and switched back and forth between both eyes and currently just his left eye....

I wish there was a way to do a live chat....the poop could mean something ...I feel like there is also the possibility of some type of lack of moisture issue like of my dry eye in humans. Because when I used the terrimcyin or the saline wash I saw it quiet down but the minute I stop it's back again so makes me question lack of mositure ? 8f so how if he has been hydrated enough? And now I'm concerned over the orange tint in his poo because if hes struggling with eating from my hand he is going to struggle drinking too !

I wish there was a way to do a live chat....the poop could mean something ...I feel like there is also the possibility of some type of lack of moisture issue like of my dry eye in humans. Because when I used the terrimcyin or the saline wash I saw it quiet down but the minute I stop it's back again so makes me question lack of mositure ? 8f so how if he has been hydrated enough? And now I'm concerned over the orange tint in his poo because if hes struggling with eating from my hand he is going to struggle drinking too !

Do you have a cool mist humidifier? If you do set up on his cage to run at night the way Bill Strand describes in his podcast 89 to help keep him hydrated while you work on the other problems.

How much bee pollen granules do you have left? Enough to blend some into powder by chance?

Do you have a cool mist humidifier? If you do set up on his cage to run at night the way Bill Strand describes in his podcast 89 to help keep him hydrated while you work on the other problems.
No I have mistress humidifier but its humid af right now...yesterday his cage read 70 for the first time ever. I dont want to give him a respiratory infection lol but today outside it's extremely humid like dangerous for humans so i dont qanna add anything else ...I had a fogger at one point but felt like it wasnt really doing a whole lot

Yes I have plenty of bee pollen...I took a hammer to it once and it didnt do anything...the little chopper like blender I have is for like onions and such...not sure if itll blend it but suppose i could try

No I have mistress humidifier but its humid af right now...yesterday his cage read 70 for the first time ever. I dont want to give him a respiratory infection lol but today outside it's extremely humid like dangerous for humans so i dont qanna add anything else ...I had a fogger at one point but felt like it wasnt really doing a whole lot

With it being 70% you may not need it as much but here is something to keep in mind. Humidity in Madagascar tonight is 89% at 10 pm climbing to 94% by midnight and holding there until around 8 am where it drops to 84% then down to 54% by noon. This is with a temp swing from high 60's to low 50's during the same time frame. While I'm not saying to run the fogger/ humidifier until the cham/ cage is sopping wet, as noted by Petr Necas and Bill Strand, the night time humidity with lights off will help keep the poor guy hydrated.

Yes I have plenty of bee pollen...I took a hammer to it once and it didnt do anything...the little chopper like blender I have is for like onions and such...not sure if itll blend it but suppose i could try

If you can it will help get more of the nutrition from the bee pollen in him to help make up a little of what he is missing from the lack of supplementing. Especially if he is only eating supers right now since they don't gutload very well.

With it being 70% you may not need it as much but here is something to keep in mind. Humidity in Madagascar tonight is 89% at 10 pm climbing to 94% by midnight and holding there until around 8 am where it drops to 84% then down to 54% by noon. This is with a temp swing from high 60's to low 50's during the same time frame. While I'm not saying to run the fogger/ humidifier until the cham/ cage is sopping wet, as noted by Petr Necas and Bill Strand, the night time humidity with lights off will help keep the poor guy hydrated.
Good point...but it still doesnt spray mist...still effective?

If you can it will help get more of the nutrition from the bee pollen in him to help make up a little of what he is missing from the lack of supplementing. Especially if he is only eating supers right now since they don't gutload very well.
I will definitely give it a shot!..cant hurt

No lol. Petr and Bill are the two that have talked about the natural hydration method. I did go read your fb post from Feb though.
OH !!okay so you probably saw the whole chaos that happened on there....yikes. dont doubt his knowledge just rather not deal with him. Wait r u drew? Your on there? At least you know the whole backstory now ..

Anyway update
no bloody issues since last week...but I am a little concerned after he got blood work only 1 side of his tail turned real dark grey...that was Saturday..hasnt changedback ....is that good? I'm obviously just super paranoid over everything now !

It's not really meant to spray a mist. It's to replicate a natural rolling fog as best as we can in our homes environment.
Yeah the humidifier I have doesnt do any of that it's literally mist -less ...i wish i would have kept my fogger ..kicking myself for that now. I brought him outside for free hours yesterday he seemed fine so intake no news as good news

Back
Top Bottom