Eye issue/bleeding eye

Thanks I really appreciate it

Did you see on the blood test some of the results showed below range? I'm not sure specifically what they are is that in relation to the blood cell count?

Yes, I'm not sure what specifically some of those are. I'll try to do some research on them as I can today. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla has more insight on the specifics with his occupation though. Here is what he pointed out in the mean time:

A low Bun also indicate either liver problems or unbalanced protein versus carbohydrate intake ratio. The blood glucose lever was also moderately high, confirming this. The gutload the bugs get is probably too high in carbs and not in other nutrients.

Hmm... what I typically tend to do for my dubias as far as gut loading I throw In whatever veggies, plant matter I have on hand. I typically tend to pick something that wont rot so fast as I don't get the chance to check the bin everyday. For q good length of time I was feeding oranges to the dubias as it helped the breed faster and somehow they wouldnt rot and get moldy. I've been out of oranges so I've been throwing in brocolli and carrots- however hades doesnt really eat dubias anymore..he refuses them but occasionally I toss one in his mouth when he opens it.

Hades choice of food is superworms and has been that way for few months now. The superworms I get come in what looks like maybe ground corn meal of sorts as I notice corn pieces in there. I do add carrots and brocolli to their container and they eat that as well.

I havent fed crickets since maybe March but he did eat those when he was able to shoot his tounge. I dont bother getting them anymore cause 1 he cant shoot his tounge and they end up dying and 2 I hate crickets

Horn worms I feed occasionally which are typically gutloaded with whatever stuff comes with them.

His diet is basically 100%superworms.

I have both miner-all indoor and outdoor, reptivite w/o d3 and 2 oz of bee pollen powder coming your way. Soon as I get the tracking number from the vendor I'll get it to you so you can keep an eye on it.

How are you keeping the supers? In the plastic deli cups they come in or transferring them to another container?

I have both miner-all indoor and outdoor, reptivite w/o d3 and 2 oz of bee pollen powder coming your way. Soon as I get the tracking number from the vendor I'll get it to you so you can keep an eye on it.

How are you keeping the supers? In the plastic deli cups they come in or transferring them to another container?
Thanks dude I appreciate that. Another girl who I met of Cham central also is shipping me reptaid? I think its called...I feel like such a bum but I really do appreciate all the help!!

No I transfer them out. You know those cricket keeper container things where the tubes go in the sides of the plastic? That's what I have them in ..I just took out the tubes ..I just dump them in there from the containers you get them in

Thanks dude I appreciate that. Another girl who I met of Cham central also is shipping me reptaid? I think its called...I feel like such a bum but I really do appreciate all the help!!

No I transfer them out. You know those cricket keeper container things where the tubes go in the sides of the plastic? That's what I have them in ..I just took out the tubes ..I just dump them in there from the containers you get them in

You're welcome. I'll send you some of what I use to breed my supers in too. You can either blend it into a powder or leave it as pellets though after experimenting with the babies and adults I prefer to leave it as pellets now. You can blend some up and give to your dubia too though. My discoid love diving into the powdered dry gutloads lol. From reading the reptaid description it should help the white blood cell issue your having since it's an immune system booster.

Yea the girl who is sending to me said to just wait until after he has been sedated and looked at to avoid messing up the test but not really sure when I'll be able to afford to get him back in for it..some of my big Bill's are due this week and next week so has to be some time in between everything else

Yea the girl who is sending to me said to just wait until after he has been sedated and looked at to avoid messing up the test but not really sure when I'll be able to afford to get him back in for it..some of my big Bill's are due this week and next week so has to be some time in between everything else

That makes some sense but also confusing at the same time lol.

Can you add me on fb so if I have any ? Regarding that I'm not hogging the thread?

Yeah I'll go send the request now.

Listen dshuld you need to stop pulling apart the things I say word by word. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of noobie keepers that do nothing but ask for people to fill out the how to ask for help form. In many cases it's quite obvious that the problem a person is having with a chameleon cannot be figured out by pinpointing the things which might be wrong in their care - and often times the person's care is absolutely spotless. But then you get a few over posters who hound on things which yes, might be incorrect, but in no way would be the reason for the very critical thing wrong with the chameleon. What irritates me so much is that the keeper loses crucial time in figuring out what is really wrong by focusing on the things that responders are telling them to do - and all the responder knows is basic care that coincides with a spotless filled out how to ask for help form. Yes the things are worth clarifying and going through but to go so far off from figuring out what is actually wrong is just wasting precious time.

What if JannB was a noob and posted this thread with bleeding eye issues and filled out a how to ask for help form? She would fill it and everyone would see she doesn't use any supplements nor any UVB. Everyone, such as yourself would jump down her throat for that and say that must be the cause... THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

Dshuld, you're extremely hostile in your responses to people which I have seen in many of your posts. All you do is ask people to fill out how to ask for help forms and when they don't fill it out within their next response you throw your toys and make it very known that you wont be helping them for not filling it out. And then once they have filled it out and everything seems fine you tag in other keepers that might actually have a valuable response to what might be wrong! I have plenty of wtf moments too. But yes let's not get off topic now. Thanks!

Any further issues PM me!

I have no intentions of joining in on whatever is happening here lol. I have no interest in getting into a back and forth debate and I agree with you in that most of the times the main goal and most important thing is to help the OP get to the bottom of a problem. This is just a friendly comment to speak for some of the "noobs" in the forum... like myself. A lot of times, the best way to learn is by participating, asking questions, and making comments so that you can be corrected. I always try to let the OP know I'm not an expert, but I like to share what's on my mind to see if I'm on the right track or if there's a whole other area of chameleon keeping/health/husbandry/etc that I still don't know about. This is after all supposed to be a friendly and safe space where we can all talk back and forth about a subject that we're clearly all passionate about. Some of the people here are hungry to learn, and others are eager to share the knowledge :)

So I just read through this thread. A few things I’ve noticed, you may have answered these, if you have I apologize. Have you ever measured your bulbs UVB output at the levels available to the chameleon? After watching the video I noticed that while there is a t5 10.0 fixture, it looks to be at least 12 inches from any available branches. In my experience, this would make the available UV index well below natural sunlight levels. The other thing I question are the normal values listed on your blood work. The measurements are correct obviously, but who’s normal values are listed next to them. This is a veterinarians office, their equipment is used to run blood work on thousands of animals. So are those normal values for dogs, cats, etc? I really wish you and your chameleon the best. You are doing a hell of a job trying figure this out.

Impressive! @dshuld I tip my hat!

So I just read through this thread. A few things I’ve noticed, you may have answered these, if you have I apologize. Have you ever measured your bulbs UVB output at the levels available to the chameleon? After watching the video I noticed that while there is a t5 10.0 fixture, it looks to be at least 12 inches from any available branches. In my experience, this would make the available UV index well below natural sunlight levels. The other thing I question are the normal values listed on your blood work. The measurements are correct obviously, but who’s normal values are listed next to them. This is a veterinarians office, their equipment is used to run blood work on thousands of animals. So are those normal values for dogs, cats, etc? I really wish you and your chameleon the best. You are doing a hell of a job trying figure this out.

Though I too would be curious what reading she is seeing on the top branch (looks ~8 / 10" down to me?) this site would suggest he's still exposed to at least open sun equivalent @12" on the low end to beyond full sun on the high end?

https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/lighting-guides

Some other interesting reads I haven't finished go through the site links to as well. To much to read and never enough time lol.

In the interest of keeping info in here for future references I'll add this in here. I have shared this privately with @Knucklehead1912 as well, though this part hasn't been read yet, after some discussion and video/ pic sharing. I'll leave it up to her if she would like to share anything discussed beyond this part though. The most interesting part is just below the bold text.

Screenshot_2018-07-06-22-12-02.png

As I stated earlier in this thread, @JacksJill maybe right on there being an infection now, though I still believe it to be secondary if there is one. Between the pm's on fb and the help form here, I'm still of the opinion this goes back to a nutritional issue as the underlying problem being exacerbated by the lack of foliage to hide under.

Here are some links that I had to dig back to find that I had read way back when that are basis for my opinion along with one I ran across on fb today at the bottom. Though these links aren't in chronological order they, along with the screen shot from above, do support my opinion. One also mentions a secondary infection being a possible symptom (y).

I'm sorry if anyone has taken any of my 800+ posts as hostile as they aren't intended to be. I will admit I may not be pc enough for some but that's a discussion for another area.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/vet-visit-vitamin-a-deficiency.135012/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...m-its-last-option-to-help-my-boy.58782/page-2

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/vitamin-a.46899/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/panther-cham-one-eye-wont-open.112734/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/viatimin-a-deficiencies-in-cameleons.143583/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/food-for-thought.12472/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...nced-keepers-please-share-your-wisdom.152159/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/eyes-and-preformed-vitamin-a.157345/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/eye-problem-fixed.65579/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/vitamin-a-supplements-from-dr-ivan-alfonsos-blog.64145/

https://www.exoticdirect.co.uk/news/chameleon-vivarium-setup-advice#bulbs

Back
Top Bottom